What the heck is going on with my body...lots of cramping?

I am currently breastfeeding my 2 year old and I still haven't gotten my period...lucky me! I know I'm not pregnant but the last few months I've been getting crampy and the last few days I have been REALLY crampy. A few months ago I thought I probably would be getting my period, but then nothing. The cramping almost feels like it did when I was pregnant, but I've taken a test and it was negative. So my question is, is my body just getting ready for my period? Does it take awhile? Usually I'm pretty good at being in tune with my body but I just don't know what's going on lol!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:00 PM on Apr. 20, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• If your breastfeeding still your cervix is probably cramping up and if its close to your time of the month with all the hormone changes you may be feeling it more than you normally do. If you have pain, swelling or anything else contact your doctor as it could be a tubal.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 9:03 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Well the cramping has been off and on through out the last few years, but nothing like now. It's really sensitive to even be touched. I doubt it's a tubal, but I'll look into that...thanks :)
    Anonymous

• um. why are you still breastfeeding a 2 year old. the body is not meant to do that, that long.
    airmanswife08

Answer by airmanswife08 at 2:48 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• That's a concern if you have discomfort. I would make an appointment with your ob just to make sure everything is alright.
    Good Luck to you!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 2:00 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• To airmanswife08- the body is perfectly capable to nurse a 2 year old :)

And to Sillylins- thanks, if it keeps bothering me I might just have to do that!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:08 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• OP here: Just FYI...I started my period yesterday...yay! I was really getting annoyed not knowing what the heck my body was doing. I guess my body just takes a while lol.
    Anonymous