Should it bother me?

So this Saturday is my baby shower, I asked my SO if he was going to make an appearance and he said no because baby showers are for girls, but I know plenty of girls who had guys at their baby showers and I told SO that he should bring some friends I just want his support and also there is gonna be some family coming down from Twin that he has never met and we have been together for two years; should I just let it go even though I really really want him there?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:00 PM on Apr. 20, 2009 in Relationships

• well my husband has a split family- both wanted to throw a shower for me and his dad's side of the family was surprised that my husband didn't come with me (he had to work anyway but we also assumed it was a girly thing)... and his mom's side of the family sent all the men away for the other one... I think etiquette on these things is fuzzy now. I would hope he could at least make a cameo at yours and for everyone else planning on having one perhaps a notation on the invitation (girly or couples) would be nice in order to avoid confusion.

btw we got an absolute TON of things that we needed for this baby...she is already spoiled rotten...
    LuckyClown

Answer by LuckyClown at 9:10 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Gosh I thought all baby showers were couples now. My grandson went to one with his gf the other day. It shocked me but he said all the females brought their partners so I thought it was a thing they do all the time now.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:01 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• My husband was at ours the whole time. So was my grandpa, brother in law, step dad and my cousins husband. He can at least show up for a little bit.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 9:02 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• I let my SO have Man Time during my baby shower, that day was for me not for him...and I enjoyed it throughly! Maybe enjoy your baby shower then invite him over before all the family has left, but not while all the woman talk is going on. Men just don't like that stuff, bottom line.
    pamelajqs

Answer by pamelajqs at 9:02 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• My hubby was at ours. Maybe you can have him read some of these comments.
    Anonymous

• Make him come for the last hour just to help with opening the gifts. This is what my husband did for me. And he brought me flowers...so sweet.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 9:05 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• I feel the same way as pamela - my hus would never go to my bb shower. I think it is a girl thing.
    bristle3kids

Answer by bristle3kids at 9:06 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Some men just REALLY don't wanna be involved with that kind of thing. Don't take it personally, some guys just can't take it. You know, all the ladies gabbing about girl stuff and babies and such. If some family is gonna be in town, maybe go to dinner later with them, or just for coffee later.
    GMR

Answer by GMR at 9:06 PM on Apr. 20, 2009