Christians what stands in our way of complete unity?

Your thoughts please. Please be nice.

mo2a27

Asked by mo2a27 at 9:13 PM on Apr. 20, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

Level 1 (-6 Credits)
  • As Jehovah's Witnesses we share a united belief and an earth-wide united family, we put God first and the Command to love our Brothers and Sisters, our neighbors and those hating us above all else. Jesus said "By this all will know you are my disciples, if you have love among yourselves"Joh 13:34, 35; 15:12, 13. are we perfect? No, but it's the striving to be like Christ that we take to heart. Oh and we (like the first century Christian) do not get involved in the Politics of the world. we don't go out and protest against anyone for using their God given Free Will as they chose,

lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 2:54 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Politics, personal hang-ups, hair-splitting over interpretation, people trying to define God on their own terms so they can live their lives they way they want to rather than following his commands and the color of the curtains in the church nursery.

Human nature seperates us.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 9:20 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• This is a good question. Our Priest talked this weekend about Thomas and his doubts. He said that Thomas needed to lean on the community of faithful followers when his own faith was weak. It highlighted the fact that we all go through periods of strong faith and weaker faith, that it's a natural fluctuation and we should be able to lean on the community in our time of need. He also talked about how nobody shunned Thomas for not believing exactly as they did. They supported his faith and still welcomed him despite his difference.

I think that we should be able to put aside the differences, but sometimes it's hard. We all feel so strongly about worship, it's hard sometimes to keep the peace because our feelings get in the way. In short, I guess the fact that we are imperfect humans is our greatest obstacle (as with all things I guess).
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:21 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Pride and selfishness instead of being like Christ, with humility and selflessness.
    eminelson

Answer by eminelson at 9:23 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Amen! those are all true.
    Do you think it can be fixed? Do you have any ideals?
    mo2a27

Answer by mo2a27 at 9:26 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• my husband (he now says he's an atheist).
    Anonymous

• my shyness. i am so shy and i need to break from that it is just so hard and i care what people think to much and i need to work on some things.. This question made me think. Thank you for posting this

hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 9:58 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Unity? Constantine already gave you that when he and his council gave you the bible.

What else are you looking for?
    Anonymous

• Off topic - mo, are you constantly changing your hair color or do you just like changing your avatar for fun?
    Anonymous

• Avatar for fun.
    Since I cannot dye my hair--might as well enjoy the change on here.
    mo2a27

Answer by mo2a27 at 10:16 PM on Apr. 20, 2009