has anyone found a bottle (for newborn) out there they really like? I'm mostly using Platex VentAire, but the nipples that go with them are either too slow or too fast, no happy medium. It's very frustrating for the baby and for me because she's either not getting anything or getting too much at a time and choking.

Holli68

Asked by Holli68 at 5:01 PM on Jun. 20, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I used the Gerber NUK system and they have about 3 stages for their nipples, they might even work with your current bottles. The nipples range from slow, medium and fast flow........I'd give that a try.
    ajrobbins

Answer by ajrobbins at 5:23 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

ajrobbins

• I used a Walmart generic brand called Parent's Choice. It worked just fine plus it's cheaper.
    Wnd2007

Answer by Wnd2007 at 5:24 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• We had that problem with the Vent Aire bottles too- but, I love the actual bottles. I bought Evenflo medium nipples only in packages of 3 at the store ($1.99), and replaced all of the nipples- worked great!!
    alakaybee

Answer by alakaybee at 5:33 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• i used advent bottles and loved them. i had used other types with my friends kids and hated them. so when it came time to get ready for my own the hospital had me supplement my baby the 2nd night and i fell in love with advent.
    ldylancer03

Answer by ldylancer03 at 5:43 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Parent's choice worked great for me also. Anna did great with the,.
    KCMom1

Answer by KCMom1 at 7:03 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I used the platex ventaire and still do. I just cut the slow nipples alittle to open them up and that worked really good. Then you can use the fast flow when they get better.
    hairrazer711

Answer by hairrazer711 at 9:03 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• We use Nuk bottles there is a slow,medium and fast flow nipple and sippie nipples for later. These bottles also mimic breastfeeding so are more natural for feeding and transition from breast to bottle.
    EmmieandMom

Answer by EmmieandMom at 10:42 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• AVENT!!! They have nipples with certain age groups..like stages with more holes each time for faster flow :) They are the best bottles!
    schmoo_mommy

Answer by schmoo_mommy at 2:13 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• I use Dr Browns and I love them! They have different stage nipples to control the flow. They also do a good job with preventing gas.
    Bellas_Mommy08

Answer by Bellas_Mommy08 at 2:46 PM on Jun. 21, 2008