Postpartum belly question

I'm one month postpartum and it seems like my belly has gotten a little bigger over the past few days. Also it's not squishy anymore and I've been having headaches every night. Is this normal?

doubleyouteeeff

Asked by doubleyouteeeff at 9:30 PM on Apr. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• im 5wks postpartem and my belly has gotten slightly bigger also, I think my appetite has increased to because I have been nursing. headaches could be lack of sleep or poor appetite. thats why I get mine. do you nurse? I tried to watch my portions but after 2days, my milk supply cut down a little! So I have learned to try to love my my new body and got to get some new clothes.
    daisy6878

Answer by daisy6878 at 9:54 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• are you breastfeeding? that can also dehydrate you if you arent getting enough water (causing a headache). your belly will be out of whack for a while, it will bloat and go back down but if it stays bloated i would seek medical attention because it can be a sign of infection. did you give birth vaginally or by c-section? if by c section i would check your cut and make sure it looks normal.
    MaryAndDallen08

Answer by MaryAndDallen08 at 9:54 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• also another factor could be did you have your child via c-section or vaginally? i had a c-section and here i am almost 3 months later huge and in pain. and they JUST figured out it was a virus in my uterus. what other symptoms do you have? what is your diet like? even your stress level could effect your belly. take care hun

Anonymous

• I can't say it happened to me. After about 3 weeks the pain from my c-section was totally gone and aside from itching I was back to my normal self.
    madamekatekate

Answer by madamekatekate at 10:38 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Mine did that, too. I was so proud of going back to my normal size and then it started coming back. I'm going to avoid dieting or anything like that due to breastfeeding. Just exercising and loving my new womanly figure!
    bluelady27

Answer by bluelady27 at 4:12 PM on Apr. 21, 2009