OMG!! Can someone please tell me what could be going on before I drive myself nuts????

So 2 1/2 weeks ago I was 3 days late for my period (last started on march 1st) so I took a cheap family dollar test and it was instantly positive, so the next week I went to womens wellness for confrimation and that was postive. They said I was 5 weeks and 2 days and due dec 7th. Last week I went for my dating ultrasound and they could only see a circle and couldnt see a heartbeat. They said this wasnt normal for 6 weeks along. So they drew blood and ordered another internal ultrasound for this wednesday. My midwife called me today and said that my blood says that I was only 3-4 weeks last week, so instead of being 7 weeks right now Im really only 4-5. What the hell??? I dont get it, I had my last period on the calendar and everything. Is there something that could just mess with the levels or what?? I have never heard of this even thought she said it was common???

asholan_07

Asked by asholan_07 at 9:32 PM on Apr. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• could be that you may miscarry , could be you conceved later then what you thought could just be low hcg the chart for hcg has such huge gaps it is hard to say what you should be at a certain time . when i was 6 weeks we couldnt see the heartbeat or anything we didnt see it til about 8 weeks . here is a chart with the levels on it

3 weeks LMP: 5 - 50 mIU/ml
    4 weeks LMP: 5 - 426 mIU/ml
    5 weeks LMP: 18 - 7,340 mIU/ml
    6 weeks LMP: 1,080 - 56,500 mIU/ml
    7 - 8 weeks LMP: 7, 650 - 229,000 mIU/ml
    9 - 12 weeks LMP: 25,700 - 288,000 mIU/ml
    13 - 16 weeks LMP: 13,300 - 254,000 mIU/ml
    17 - 24 weeks LMP: 4,060 - 165,400 mIU/ml
    25 - 40 weeks LMP: 3,640 - 117,000 mIU/ml
    Non-pregnant females: <5.0 mIU/ml
    Postmenopausal females: <9.5 mIU/ml
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 9:35 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• honey, normally what this means is one of two things, you aren't as far along as they think you are and that is why they scheduled another ultrasound to see if the baby is still growing. or it means that you have had a miscarriage, but your body hasn't passed the baby yet. i know it is hard to accept, i've been there, but you need to know its a possibility. and it is very common for doctors to be wrong about how far along you are, or for a miscarriage to happen this early. message me if you need to talk.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 9:36 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• when I went for my first ultrasound the doctor said he thought I was only 4 weeks but 2 weeks later when I had another he confirmed that I was 8 weeks. I hope everything turns out okay. I was nervous about it too but felt much better two weeks later when I saw and heard the heartbeat.
    Carli26

Answer by Carli26 at 9:57 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• It could be that you didn't ovulate at the normal time and when you tested your test picked up the early pregnancy. So the clinic went by your last menstrual period date to give you your due date but they wouldn't know if yo had ovulated late in your cycle.
    I wouldn't worry until you have a reason to.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 10:11 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• I had a somewhat similar situation. When i found out i was pregnant, i went to the clinic. They asked me when my last period was, which was in november (i never had one in december) and they told me I was 7wks. They drew blood and did an ultrasound and turns out, i was only 3 weeks. This was the middle of January so I was confused on why I never had a period in december.
    I think chances are you ovulated later than normal. Good Luck
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 12:29 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• depends on the period. my period said i was due june 3rd. my ultra sound said may 11th. some women bleed regularly through the entire pregnancy. best bet s keep getting the ultrasounds done. the way your baby grows will let you know everything.
    LotusBlossom21

Answer by LotusBlossom21 at 3:23 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• babygaga.com, enter in ur last period
    Anonymous