where can i get caster oil??

im due any day and im geting anxious so someone told me to drink caster oil but i dont know where to get it. can someone help me and do you know if it's safe?

hopefulmommy101

Asked by hopefulmommy101 at 9:33 PM on Apr. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• there are side affects like dehydration for you and possible risk of the baby going poop in the uterus which if the baby breathes that in on the first breathe it can cause breathing problems .

it does not always work either everyone i have heard stories from it didnt work for them .
    you can probably find it at drug stores but you should research before doing it just google castor oil to induce labor .
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 9:38 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• DONT DO CASTOR OIL! lol..i was sooo desperate and i wound up getting sick for a week!
    im due this wednesday and i got my membranes stripped...and im having contractions but by the looks, im getting induced next tuesday =P

castor oil isnt worth it.trust me....but if you REALLY wanna know..u can get it anywhere...like walmart
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 9:38 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• *le gasp* my friend mrs. owen is online :D
    MissKellee

• yes mama i am .. i wrote you a little while ago .. lol
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 9:41 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• don't do it, esp if you don't know what you are doing.
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 9:46 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• ha! let her taste it first lmfao...she wont even like the taste..it pretty much makes u wanna puke xD
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 9:46 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• oh geez, please dont do the castor oil to induce! it causes intense cramping and diarrhea. Do you really want to give birth by pooping out your baby? Or possibly making a mess on doctor?
    lunamuse89

Answer by lunamuse89 at 9:50 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Do it if you want to sh!t everywhere LOL!!!
    Anonymous

• I did the same thing and I drank a whole glass with orange juice..i actually went into labor that day ..on the down side..i had placenta rupture and thought that it could been the reason y. But the real reason was i was 3 weeks late. I think the oil helped but i would not do it. I had horrible cramps..I mean HORRIBLE. So, instead try stimulating your nipples or sex. That or walk around your neighbor hood if u can and drink alot of water.
    Proudparent707

Answer by Proudparent707 at 10:04 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• I have to agree with pp's. DON'T DO IT! It does some nasty things, but doesn't put you into labor.
    KadenTaeasmom

Answer by KadenTaeasmom at 10:41 PM on Apr. 20, 2009