Do you believe that the longer you go w/out sex, the less you want it?

Its been six months for me and I don't miss it at all... I've also noticed though, when I go for a long period of time without having sex, men in general seem less attracted to me. Maybe its a pheromone thing?

VeronicaLee

Asked by VeronicaLee at 9:34 PM on Apr. 20, 2009 in Relationships

• I think it depends on your situation. You have a lot on your plate, a whole lot. That would make me tired and only want to rest whenever possible. I don't think it has anything to do with you being less attractive.
    barby402000

Answer by barby402000 at 7:01 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• i definately believe it! my husband is navy and though i do have to take care of myself from time to time, when hes here i'm like a vixen and want it all the time, when hes gone the urge goes too, and then sometimes its almost gone alltogether before i get word he's coming home, and then well the imagination takes over.....
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 9:38 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• I call it safe sex longer you wait the better it will be when the time comes....
    Anonymous

• Great question...... I always get very horney when I ovulate. (spell?) Every month no matter what I have to have it. If hus isnt around I will take care of it myself. But I have never thought about the long time inbetween sex if I am less attractive. VERY INTERESTING..... Maybe there is a Doc or shrink on here that might know that.
    Anonymous

• Well, I don't like sex so we only have it about 3-4 times a year. Really, I see this though. We don't have sex very often and the longer the time is the less I want it (not that I really want it to start with).
    Anonymous

• i do and i don't. i know i didn't have sex for a year and a half after my son was born and i was always horny. everytime i would see a somewhat attractive guy out anywhere.. all i could think was "omg i wish i could just jump on him right now and f*ck his brains out..." it was nuts. but then i started having sex again and i wanted more and more. sooo i don't know. I know that the more sex you have the more you want it. i don't think it works the other way around for me though.
    vivalaham

Answer by vivalaham at 9:51 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• the longer i go without the bitchier i get. (pardon my french) i cant help it. my fiance thinks im nuts still wanting it with my due date a few weeks.
    LotusBlossom21

Answer by LotusBlossom21 at 3:17 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Dh is gone 4-6 wks @ a time, then hm for maybe 3-4 days, thats including 1 day of travvel to & from, and ny then, I way to dam tired to give a crap, as my job nevers stops (i.e. caring for my severly disabled son), him on the other hand?????????????
    tornado1

Answer by tornado1 at 4:56 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I think it would depend on why you're going 'without'. I think it's harder to abstain when you have a partner there with you..... I know we don't, wouldn't want to have to, and hate when we do have to. Although sometimes we do have to when he works out of town for long periods. Sometimes I travel to be with him; if only for one night. All in all I don't believe that you want it less the longer you go without... I think you just replace the thought of it with other things.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 5:19 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I agree totally with PaceMyself. i have been separated from my husband for seven months now. He was so emotionally and verbally abusive to me that he killed all my sexual desire. I thought it was dead for good ut in the last two months or so, I have seen some very attractive men that awakened that part of me. Now, instead of wanting to be alone the rest of my lfe, I may just decide to be married again if the right man comes along.i
    Aprilmorgans

Answer by Aprilmorgans at 5:34 AM on Apr. 21, 2009