• In the Spotlight:

TMI: Cramping/Nausea/etc

I've been extremely stressed all day. To the point of tears and a break down. My stomach hurts, it's tight, cramping in abdomen and also I feel like I need to go to the bathroom. However, I just went like 45 minutes ago. Not diarrhea. Just normal. Since I've been pregnant I havent had continuous everyday bowel movements. Especially not twice a day. The feeling of needing to use bathroom comes and goes. Cramping/nausea still continuous. What do you think is going on? Im in the 3rd trimester.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:47 PM on Apr. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• sounds normal i actually go a heck of alot more then that lol .
    just sounds like normal pregnancy fun stuff lol
    you can call your dr and ask them what you can do
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 9:48 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• A tight, hard abdomen usually is a contraction. I had nausea/vomiting/diarrhea, and contractions two days before my son was born (Emergency C-section due to preeclampsia). It would be a good idea to call your doctor and consult. When in doubt, always call your doctor.
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 9:50 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• I had several bowel movements a day during the last couple of months of each of my pregnancies. It's your body's way of getting ready for labor and totally normal.
    joannakitler

Answer by joannakitler at 9:54 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• place your fingertips on your stomach and wait to see if you feel it tighten. Your fingertips are sensitive and you will feel it. If it is tightening then you are contracting. Time them and then make arrangements to go be checked out if you're having them regularly.
    SmileyMoo

Answer by SmileyMoo at 10:56 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Well, I did feel the tightening. However it is fine now. I'm not nauseas or cramping. Thanks!
    Anonymous

• im due in three weeks and i go every half hour or so and i cramp when i stand up. i was told it was normal depending on each person. as for nausea youll be ok. i still throw up everyday at least once. what helps me is lying down on my side and stretching slightly. and plenty of water.
    LotusBlossom21

Answer by LotusBlossom21 at 3:11 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• i go #2 like 1-2 times a day and i'm in my thrid trimester
    Anonymous