Fun birthday parties for an 8 year old boy

I throw a party for my son every year at home, simply because i think chuckee cheese and places like that tend to shuffle you in and kick you out in an hour time frame. Does anyone have any exciting ideas.? Last year we tye died shirts(fun & messy) We've done pinatas, and pin the tail on the donkey...?

shan7195

Asked by shan7195 at 9:53 PM on Apr. 20, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• i agree home parties are cheaper and more fun. If you need help pay a few slightly older kids to help out. I have lots of ideas.....sports party, Monsters vs Aliens, pirate, Frogs, Scavenger Hunt....check them out here http://www.cjkidz.com/parentsgrandparentsteachers.html  The games, gifts, supplies prizes, everything should be shown. 

momjs

Answer by momjs at 12:17 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• 8 years old is tough. What about paint ball or some kind of volleyball tournament. You could make teams and have a net on the lawn. I never had parties at home at that age. I'd rather pay a few 100 dollars and have someone else do it.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 4:58 PM on Apr. 21, 2009