My husband goes missing for days, can anyone relate?

About 2 nights a week, my husband is MIA until the wee hours of the morning. But it seems lately it's getting worse. Afew weekends ago, he "went to a friends house" on friday evening, and i didn't see him or hear from him again till monday afternoon. I know i'm an idiot for staying, but does anyone else have issues like these?

prestonshope

Asked by prestonshope at 10:21 PM on Apr. 20, 2009 in Relationships

• No, I wouldn't give him a chance to make it an "issue" for me. Honey, pack his bags, and leave them on the porch for when he gets home. Don't forget to change the locks too.
    Anonymous

• I had issues like that when my ex started doing dope....
    Anonymous

• Yeah, I used to have issues like that... I left his sorry ass! He had a girl on the side that he was getting high with and he couldn't come home drunk and high so he would just hang out with her until he sobered up... It took me a long time to realize what he was doing.
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 10:26 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• My husband would soon be an ex if he did this. You deserve better. Best of luck to you.
    Tetona

Answer by Tetona at 10:26 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• no and if my husband did that I would pack my shit and leave so when he finally did come home there would be nothing to come home to
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 10:26 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• The real issue here is why are you with him? It is better to be alone then be with such a jerk.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 10:28 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• ya had that prob he would leave for weekends at a time then i found out that he was cheating. im not gonna tell you to leave him becasue i didnt, 3years later and we are still together. you need to confront him about it figure out what he is up to then decide what you are gonna do and if its worth working out or not.
    jac1908

Answer by jac1908 at 10:42 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• I normally don't promote divorce, but in this case, something is seriously wrong for a man to not come home a couple of nights or more a week. He's either partying, or cheating I'd guess, but somethign is way off. He'd come home to find all of his thing sitting outside the second time that happened with me if I let him come home the first time. I think everyone's been in a similar situation at one time or another. Just most of us won't forgive the first time.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 11:06 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Like anon above, my ex was doing this when he was doing dope and he was also cheating on me.
    My husband knows I worry about him being dead in a ditch, so he doesn't just go out without telling me or calling. I don't do it to him either.
    A husband shouldnt' be doing this.
    Anonymous

• Mine used to go out for KFC and wouldn't return for weeks! Damned me and the kids got hungry. I finally wised up and divorced him. Now I let his current wife (half his age) deal with his lapses of memory when it is time to go home!

Answer by admckenzie at 12:14 AM on Apr. 21, 2009