When did your child decide they didnt like their pacifer anymore

Hello everyone I gave my daughter a pacifer since the day she was born and just at 4 months old she decided she didnt want it anymore I would give her a pacifer and she would let me put it in her mouth and she would spit it back out I used to give it to her at nite when she was getting sleepy its just surprised me she did that lol I am lucky I didnt go all crazy and buy expensive ones because it would have been a waste of my money when she was first born some people told me it wasnt good that i started her on a pacifer and there is studys now that pacifers help prevent sids because it helps babies rember to breathe anyway I guess I am lucky too I wont have to take it away from her when she is old enough to start talking she is almost 5 months now and very much perfers her hands lol

zoeysmommy09

Asked by zoeysmommy09 at 10:24 PM on Apr. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I gave my son a pacifier at 4 weeks, and by 14 weeks he wanted nothing to do with it.
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 10:25 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• My son didn't want his at 9 months. I respected his wishes and blinky was no more.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 10:25 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Wow. I wish my son would decide his is gone!
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 10:28 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Don't force her to take it. Some children never like them, some do.

My daughter used hers for sleeping until she was just over a year. She just decided she didn't want it so I put them all up.
    madamekatekate

Answer by madamekatekate at 10:32 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• My 2 year old stopped by 4 months and sucks on her blanket which the Drs say is better. My 8 month old on the other hand, I may have to pry it from her by 12 months bc she is showing no sign of giving it up : (
    slhash

Answer by slhash at 10:44 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• My daughter is 8 months and she hardly ever takes her paci during the day now. She only wants it at night. I'm kinda glad she's weaning her self off of it her self.
    Anonymous

• Emi was 9 weeks when she decided that she only wanted it for naps or bed time. And now she wont take it AT ALL. She's 6 months.
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 11:54 PM on Apr. 20, 2009