When did you start putting a blanket in the crib?

My dd is 9 months and I have just started putting a blanket in her crib during nap time. And tonight is the first night I have it on her. It is a thin fleecy type blanket and very breathable. I wrapped around my head twice and could still breath through it. I still feel nervous though. I also put her favorite stuffed animal, but he is totally safe and small. When did you start putting stuff in the crib?

BridgetC140

Asked by BridgetC140 at 10:25 PM on Apr. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My 2 have always had to have one bc they were swaddled babies with colic and refused sleep unless they had a blanket. At 9 months they should be able to move around enough to get away from trouble with a blanket. I hope you the best!!
    slhash

Answer by slhash at 10:40 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Right after he was born.
    Anonymous

• I did at about 7 months. When he could roll around easily on his own. I always tucked the blanket in on three sides to make sure it wouldn't get tossed up. I only use it when it's really cold in his room though. He probably won't need it as it warms up. I'm in the north east so it's still pretty cold at night.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:30 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• When she started sleeping in her crib around 3 months. She's 17 months now and has slept well with it. So, it's been her and a blanket for awhile now. She hasn't wanted anything else to sleep with yet.
    madamekatekate

Answer by madamekatekate at 10:36 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Yeah, I'm in the northeast too. I can't wait until it is warm enough that I can just leave the windows open at night and turn on the ceiling fans. I have central air, but I so much prefer the fresh air unless it is really humid. I hate humidity.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 10:38 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• You know I have noticed she is a lot less restless. I think she really likes it. Maybe she was so restless before because she was cold. :( I always keep the house at 70 degrees.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 10:39 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Oh yeah, my oldest stopped with her binky by 4 months bc she prefered sucking on her blanket. The Drs btw said this was way better then the binky and that sucking was a SIDS prevention, also leaving a fan on in the babies room helps
    slhash

Answer by slhash at 10:42 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Yeah there is a fan in her room. We are putting up a ceiling fan this week, because I'm tired of that ugly fan being in there.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 10:46 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• lol... ive been using recieving blankets since she was handed to me in one in the hospital (she was born on an icey day). in her craddle i lay a slighty think fuzzy blanket over her and tuck it under the matress so there is no way she can get it over her face. when she starts rolling im going to tuck her in her crib using towles on either side of her torso to keep her laying on her back. i also have her glow worm in with her, and her teddy bear head on a blanket. its all about personal preferance

F43L34

Answer by F43L34 at 11:09 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• I put a blanket in bed with my daughter the first day I brought her home. She's a happy healthy 8 month old.
    Anonymous