how can i dilate more

if i take hot baths can that dilate me more or make me have contractions? i only have 5 days left and we can't wait any longer

Asked by babygirl25283 at 10:36 PM on Apr. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Have sex .

• squat alot... cleaning ect....

Semen has prostaglandins in it, which help soften the cervix. Have sex as often as you possibly can, the more semen against your cervix the better. Several times a day is ideal.

Good luck!

Answer by Ati_13 at 10:40 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• yeah, i heard that orgasim will bring on contractions!

Answer by MARS1982 at 10:48 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• i dont know about hot baths though. they say its a great way to give birth for pain relief and to speed up labor, but not to bring on initial contractions though

Answer by MARS1982 at 10:49 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• sex didn't work for us...
    on the day I went into labor, I walked 2.5mi around a lake we have here in our town around 4-5pm, up and down hills is ideal, and I went into labor at midnight that night.

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 10:53 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• a hot bath helps with the pain from contractions but won't start them, if that was the case both my kids would have come early because i took 2-3 baths a day. I tried nipple stimulation that seemed to work i went into labor after doing that for 2 days i also cleaned a lot that might have helped to. Walking is supposed to help things move quicker. Good luck!

Answer by jnsdrf at 10:59 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Be careful with hot baths while pregnant. You don't want to raise your body temperature too much. The only thing you can do that will affect dilation is having sex. The prostaglandins (hormones) in the semen stimulate the cervix to dilate. Other than that, time is the only thing that you can do. The best ways to bring on labor are sex and walking. When I hit about 37 weeks, we were going for nightly walks, and having sex with the same enthusiasm we had when we were trying to get pregnant! My water broke 5 days before my due date. Hang in there, oh uncomfortable one! =) It really will happen.

Answer by musicpisces at 11:23 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• sex, orgasms, evening primrose oil, walking, squatting :)

Answer by Anonymous at 12:06 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• im 3 almost 4 days overdue and Nothing is working for 3 1/2cm dialated too.

Answer by tnteaton at 12:59 AM on Apr. 21, 2009