What's a migraine?

I mean, I know the general concept of it. My stepmother used to get them. But I've been getting these really bad headache recently. They're so bad I throw up sometimes. I was wondering what the actual symptoms of a migraine are? 'Cause like, right now, my head hurts so bad I want to slam my head into a wall.

metalhealthmama

Asked by metalhealthmama at 10:36 PM on Apr. 20, 2009 in Health

• A severe recurring headache, usually affecting only one side of the head, characterized by sharp pain and often accompanied by nausea, vomiting, and visual disturbances.

That's what the dictionary says!
    Deidra08

Answer by Deidra08 at 10:51 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• severe pain sensitivity to light sound some people see white spots and stuff. alot of stuff....google it
    Anonymous

• Yeah, I guess I should have just done that in the first place.
    metalhealthmama

Answer by metalhealthmama at 10:57 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Sensitivity to light and or sound they can last from 3 hours to 3 days go to a dark room and make sure NOTHING is on and sleep, also talk to your Dr. I had one so bad I had to get a morphine shot

aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 10:58 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Recent studies are showing that the majority of migraines in women are caused by excess estrogen in the system. Depending on how imbalanced your estrogen and progesterone are - will bring on a migraine headache

AndreaRUJuiced

Answer by AndreaRUJuiced at 11:28 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Migraines are something you wish on your worst enemy, or in my case...my MIL. I get them a lot, they tend to run in my family. Usually they are sinus induced, and none of the prescription meds will do a darn thing for them.
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 11:45 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• There are degrees of them. I had one that sent my father (a doctor) to the pharmacy to give me a shot to deal with the pain. I was vomiting, light sensitive, couldn't move and the residual headache after the drugs lasted for two days. Catch a migraine asap for the best results.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:43 AM on Apr. 21, 2009