• In the Spotlight:

35 weeks question maybe TMI

i am 35 weeks. all weekend i had what i would call constipation or diaerhea (cant spell sorry) pains and have gone back and forth each day between being constipated or having diareha. and i have had horrible lower back pains not shooting just so incredibly sore i can't do anything for more than a few mins. this is my second and i really don't remember these pains being this bad at this point with my first. i am having a scheduled c-sec for med reasons at 39 weeks, but with these pains i'm worried i may not make it? does this sound like braxton hicks type stuff, or should i call my doc tomorrow, my next apointment is mon so i don't want to sound like an idiot if i call, especially since this isn't my first. sorry if this is normal but i really don't remember much about my first preg after a certain point b/c of outside stuff going on...thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:41 PM on Apr. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• it sounds like the baby is playing field hockey with your intestines and the back pain could be from braxton hicks. you should call your doc. tomorrow and stay off of your feet until she/he can see you. i don't know what kind of medical problems you are having but you should take it easy until baby comes. good luck keep me posted.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 10:44 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Definately call your doctor. Bowel changes and back pain together are a signal of preterm labor. Don't wait until tomorrow if you can help it. You may not go into labor tonight, but it's better to be safe than sorry, and he is an OB... he expects to get calls in the middle of the night :p
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 10:45 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• nerves?
    mo2a27

Answer by mo2a27 at 10:45 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• yes I would call! With my first I had horrible back pain I was about 23 weeks..I couldn't move. Went to the ER one night and they checked me and said I was dialated to a 3. They gave me 2 shots to stop the labor and a shot for the pain.....
    I'd call your doc!
    mominbolt

Answer by mominbolt at 10:46 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• thanks everyone...i'll go ahead and give them a call now then i didn't go throw the natural going into labor with my first, they induced me so i didn't realize that these can be signs..thank you so much!
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 10:48 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• That sounds awful. Youre already going through enough with just being pregnant. I'm not sure what really is going on, but it doesn't sound like Braxton Hicks to me. The back pain sounds like what I had being in labor with my kids but I didn't have the other stuff. I would say call your doctor, there is no reason for you to feel uncomfortable and when it comes to your child who cares if you sound like an idiot. Yours and the baby's comfort is what matters most in this situation.
    hostlerak

Answer by hostlerak at 1:07 PM on Apr. 21, 2009