I'm 27 1/2 weeks along and i have sharp pains in the lower left part of my stomach? anyone know why or whats causing this?

Everytime i move, walk, or go to the bathroom its a stabbing pain! its hurting really bad :(

mommy2be716

Asked by mommy2be716 at 10:46 PM on Apr. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• you should really go to the hospital or see your doctor. probably go to the hospital. i am not a doc or a nurse or anything i am just a mother of 2. but you are almost halfway through your pregnancy and should not be feeling stabbing pains in your side. although your baby could be laying on a nerve. but it is always safest to make sure you and the baby aren't in danger. good luck keep us posted.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 10:50 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Sometimes when your muscles are stretching and growing to accommodate your growing baby, you can feel pain from it. I would call your doctor.
    joannakitler

Answer by joannakitler at 10:51 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Sounds like ligament pain. Stretching and growing. I wouldn't worry about it but mention it at your next appointment. It happens sooner and sooner with each pregnancy.
    proud2Bmomma

Answer by proud2Bmomma at 11:14 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• How low in your stomach? Like, going toward the top of your thigh? That would be round ligament pain, which is completely normal. That would be your round ligament stretching to accommodate your growing uterus. You can ask your doctor, but this is likely the cause. There isn't much you can do about it, just remember that most pregnant women go through this, too.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:20 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• There are many reasons for this. It could be just how your baby is laying, or I was told when I got those that it could also be your belly growing. Just to be safe tho I would get checked out.
    hostlerak

Answer by hostlerak at 1:02 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I've been having the same problem...I'm 30 weeks along and it started yesterday. It's not a sereve pain in my left side, more like an annoying pain everytime I walk or stand up. It's ok when I lay or sit down. I go to my doctor's today...
    Court2231

Answer by Court2231 at 4:52 AM on Jan. 12, 2010

• To me it sounds like round ligament. If you are concerned though, you should call your doctor and describe what your feeling. They will decide if you should come in sooner then your next appointment or not.
    tyree08

Answer by tyree08 at 10:39 PM on Nov. 7, 2012