tell me if you think this is kind of sucky too.

Alright so I went to the ER tonight for a UTI.
I'm almost 17 weeks pregnant with my first child.
And yes, I'm only 18 years old but I'm stepping up the the plate, doing what I should and staying in school and I WILL go to college. I haven't missed one day of school since I found out I was pregnant, take AP classes and make highest honors every trimester......

that aside...

I was at the ER and they were asking me questions and I could have told you what was wrong...I just wanted something for the pain and discomfort from the UTI. Doc comes in and says "HOW MANY SEXUAL PARTNERS HAVE YOU HAD? I THINK YOU MAY HAVE AN STD. HAS YOUR BOYFRIEND CHEATED ON YOU" he practically yelled it. keep in mind i'm between two other families with just curtains seperating us...I was furious. I know teen pregnancy is frowned upon but COME ON dude.

javila

Asked by javila at 11:26 PM on Apr. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• OP don't worry, hope all works out for you. Sometimes you have to ignore the troll anons on here. They are just waiting for the day that they wake up in their parents basements, wonder upstairs to see what thier children are doing (because they are so busy starting trouble on Cafemom that thier parents are raising thier children) and realize that there is more to life them browsing the internet for the next person to pick on. By then though they have already lost 5 years of their lives and do not know where to start in the real world.
    Take Care! Good luck with the Little one! Hope you feel better soon!
    BabyBeans0506

Answer by BabyBeans0506 at 12:33 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I can't stand how some people look at teen moms. I've seen too many people frown at them and talk to them like they're sl*ts...argg. That bugs me.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 11:28 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Sweetheart welcome to the real world people do not care anymore its all about money but yes I would of got mad to just let it go and focus on your baby good luck.

Anonymous

• You should call into the hospital and complain about that doctor first of all. What as asshole!! I am sorry you had to go through that. Congrats to you on the AP classes!!! What do you want to have?
    Peanut_Farley

Answer by Peanut_Farley at 11:28 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• lol its kind of funny on my part but if i were u yeah i would be mad im 19 i know how it is but at least they were not ur friends there that would have been worse
    rero0701

Answer by rero0701 at 11:29 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Well sounds like He thought you were are a piece of dirt.

Sorry to be so blunt but thats what it was. There is no trying to figure this one out.
    bristle3kids

Answer by bristle3kids at 11:31 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• It is unfortunate that the doctor had a bad bedside manner but from what you've shared I don't think it had anything to do with your age. Just sounds like an inconsiderate doctor.

Do you actually have a confirmed UTI? I've had many since I was young and typically (not always but typically) when you're pregnant you don't feel them. Not to say you don't have one or that it is something else. Obviously I can't say that for sure...Just curious.
    madamekatekate

Answer by madamekatekate at 11:31 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Well why wouldnt you just go to your regular doctor? Do you know how much going to the ER costs? And let me guess you probably have welfare insurance so you dont think about those kind of things do you? You just use what you have to your advantage. If you knew what the problem was you should have seen a regular family practice doctor or your GYN. They could have prescribed you something and they would have known your history. DRAMA QUEEN , you deserve what you got. I hope the hospital bill was worth it
    Anonymous

• People suck I don't care how old you are! That was rude.. but go on and ignore IGRONANCE who cares if you used medicare I DID! but hell i paid for others to use it. People are so judgemental these days keep on trucking and good for you for continuing to go to school.  And its better to be safe than sorry.

raurismomma07

Answer by raurismomma07 at 11:36 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Yah ,that right there is why a very respectable person looks down on someone like you.

Anonymous