Vagisil?

I was wondering if it's supposed to sting for a minute after you put vagasil on. I'm so dry/itchy down there when I'm pregnant, so I use vagasil every once in a while and it stings for the first minute or so-does this happen to you? Is it normal?

Is there another product besides vagasil you would recommend?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:26 PM on Apr. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• If your just dry and itchy try using cocoa butter or a baby oil. If its an infection then try mositat sometimes its less harsh. It can burn if the area is irritated and is common for most women to feel a little sting as it does have an anti-itch cream in it. They also have this stuff called utterly smooth. its in the lotion isle at wal mart and some other stores, its a white tube or bottle with black cow spots on it and it works wonders if you don't have an infection. It keeps the area protected and smooth. They use it on cows and I use it on my daughter daily.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 11:30 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• It is not supposed to burn. There are articles, and many many OBs telling their patients not to use it as there have been cases of women getting chemical burns from it.
    I would see your doctor if you have any itching or burning down there rather than trying to treat it yourself, especially while pregnant.
    tyree08

Answer by tyree08 at 10:33 PM on Nov. 7, 2012