wedding question

we were invited to my Godmothers daughter wedding and in the invitation its says adults only prefered what do you think that means? would it mean kids would be ok or just adults.....I choose not to go to the dance because I have no babysitter but I will go to the mass which is more important....I was just wondering...no drama please...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:50 PM on Apr. 20, 2009 in Relationships

• I wouldn't take children to the mass either. It can be distracting for the wedding party.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:52 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• I would leave the kid at home.

How old is your baby? If she is young enough to be quiet during the mass then you can bring her. If she is one to jump around and be wild then find a sitter.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 11:54 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• no all my kids are old 18 13 7 we go to church every Sunday so they know how to behave in church
    Anonymous

• You could call your Godmother and ask her. You can tell her that you are only attending the mass.

Since they specifically requested no kids I would have the 18 year old take care of their siblings.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 11:58 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• its no big deal I mean its her wedding she can do what she wants.....I did call my Godmother and she told me it didn't pertain to me cause she knows my kids but I told her I wouldn't be attending the dance for one my oldest has plans .....she said I could take them but I don't want to start drama...there's people already starting drama about this I was just wondering because some people just blow things out of proportion I just wanted some input...a lot of her family is upset because she's asking only adults so most of her family won't be there...for me if my oldest didn't have plans I would have gone but like i said I could care less ..the mass is the most important thing
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:09 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• If your Godmother said you could take them to the actual mass...I would, especially since your children know how to behave in church. Went through something similar with a wedding last year. The bride specifically asked for no children, but she sent my two teens their own special invite and asked them to come personally. So of course they went.....we got lots of glares from others because their children could not come. We just let it go....we knew and the bride knew that she invited them, no matter what the others thought.

My congratulations to the happy couple!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:25 AM on Apr. 21, 2009