Late Miscarriage/ Stillborn is it common?? What causes it??

a friends friend ws two days ahead of me @20 weeks and went in to her ultrasound to find the sex out and there was no heartbeat, idont know the cause but it freaks me out. Is this common? What even causes this??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:24 AM on Apr. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i was worried about that my hole preg. it scared the crap out of me. nothing causes it unless u do something to harm ur baby if it happens it was just not ment to be thats what the doc. told me if something were to happen its not what i did wrong it was just not right
    rero0701

Answer by rero0701 at 12:27 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Not really common, but not unheard of either. You can never tell why it happens most of the time. Something may have been wrong during the development of the baby (not your fault) that caused the baby to spontaneous abort or die in utero. No one ever knows really what causes miscarriages/stillborns unless there is a certain event such as drug/alcohol abuse or an accident or something like that. The best thing you can do is keep yourself healthy and take care of yourself during pregnancy and hope it all turns out well.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:31 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Romans 8:28
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 12:32 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• it Can happen! but the one thing you Need to do so it Wont happen to you is not stress!! that's one of the biggest causes of miscarraige!! im sorry that happened to her, but you are not her and it doesnt mean its going to happen to you.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 12:40 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Romans 8:28 Great verse i love it and it is so true
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 12:46 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I believe that the stats are 1 in 3000 women experience a stillbirth. That is considered a fetus that dies after 20 weeks gestation.

My daughter Kahlan was stillborn at 36 weeks 6 years ago next month. We are fairly certain that she died from GD that was mismanaged by the HROB. We did not know enough about the condition, and we were not aware that I was not being treated correctly until this past year when I became pregnant with our surprise baby. I was diagnosed this time as well, but it was managed properly. I DID live in a state of fear for my entire pregnancy.
    I have to tell you that I am a very strong Christian, but unless you've gone through it you don't get it. Quoting verses don't help... Personally, I would never tell someone that it was all for the good that their child died. It's a great verse, but not when you are dealing with that pain. I dealt with IF, then the death of my child..contd..
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 8:35 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Cont.

I also love that verse, but I would never have told it to someone that had just lost a child. The verse that helped me the most was Phillipians 4:13 " I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."
    There is not much that can be done to prevent a stillbirth. The best you can do is to try and take the best care of yourself that you can...even then it happens.
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 8:40 AM on Apr. 21, 2009