Wow, child support hearing today.....It was surreal.

My ex contested the amount that the court requested ($638) and when we went to court today he "conveniently" forgot '08's tax returns, he brought 06 and 07, within 5 minutes the support officer told him he has to pay $730 per month, he made $60,000 those 2 years! His response "I want to get a lawyer". It was such a strange day for me, I hadn't seen him in 3 years, yet there I was sitting next to him hearing him lie and say that he isn't working right now. Lies, pure lies, they figured out that he sees Alex 0.5% per yr and yet did he say he wants to see his son? Did he call me and tell me he lost his contracts and has plenty of free time to see him? No, yet he has the nerve to just...LIE! Even the judge could see he was lying and gave him til July 27th to produce his tax returns and he better have a VERY GOOD profit and loss statement. How can a man that wanted this child, be so callous and dishonest? I know not JFF material.

Gigi1969

Asked by Gigi1969 at 12:24 AM on Apr. 21, 2009 in Relationships

• He better pay up and try to be a productive parent in the childs life. My neice is going through this mess with one of her children and the lame father. He wants to take the child away from her and he has not proven himself capable of paying up or being a productive parent. Just wants to cause more upset, that's all he has been good for. Hopefully this man will do what is right or for the betterment of you and your child let the courts have at him. Good Luck!
    LaNette000

Answer by LaNette000 at 12:53 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I'm sorry hun!
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 12:26 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• awww sucks you have to go thru that... i hope things get better...

i never knew my dad and i always told myself its better to have no dad then a piece of sh*t one...
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 12:26 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• My ex used to get gifts for my daughter from his friends and relatives and then never give them to her. He would lie and make up stories about how she looked in the clothes, played with the toys, etc. Then he told his friends that Grace and I died in a car accident. He told them he identified the bodies, went to my funeral, fought with my brother, etc. all because he didn't want to admit that I had married and moved on. Really quite disturbing. I really hope I never run into him again, it would feel pretty surreal too. I'm glad your ex is not getting away with it at least!
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 12:30 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• What was sad was my ex-stepdaughter was there with him (she is 19 now) but we spent time together when she was 4,5,6 and7, as the door to the court closed I swear she gave me the saddest look, like she was going to cry. As if to tell me she was sorry because she knew her dad was going to lie. Good thing is, the judge knew he was lying. The sad thing is he never even asked how our son is doing and lied so much that I even looked at him like "Dude! what are you doing"? I was willing to work something out like, pick up Alex at least once a month. I could deal with $500 and visitation but I don't think he really loves Alex.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 12:40 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• im so sorry :[
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 1:40 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• oh is he going to get it from the judge when he returns with that tax return!!!!!!

Answer by admckenzie at 1:48 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Ya think admackenzie? hmmmm. IDK, he is very shady and creative, I am not shady but I can be a detective bitch! If I have to. But I want to be a good "resourceful person" throughout all this. I trust in God that he will help this all work itself fall into place (with my help)teehee. Thanks for all of the well wishes ladies, and thanks to the anons that didn't say anything mean.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 2:59 AM on Apr. 21, 2009