what is a quick home remedy for infant gas if gas relief medication is not working?

he is 4 mos old

forgivingmom

Asked by forgivingmom at 12:52 AM on Apr. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• tummy rub and walk around, excercise legs also
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 12:53 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Try placing him across your knees and patting his back.
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 12:53 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Bicycle his legs and lay him across your knees to push the gas out.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 12:54 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• thank you guys so much i am going to try it
    forgivingmom

Answer by forgivingmom at 12:55 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Have you tried bicyling his legs?
    Or rub his belly in a circular motion.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:55 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• i agree my mom told me todo everything like bicyling my daughters legs and rub her belly and sometimes she tells me todo that if she is constipated
    zoeysmommy09

Answer by zoeysmommy09 at 1:05 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I was going to suggest the baby belly massage and the bicycling legs... if you Google "infant massage" and "gas" I'm sure it will pull up lots of clear instructions for the best ways to help that. It was so helpful for us!! I'd find you a couple good links but I should have gone to bed a couple hours ago. Good luck!
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 1:11 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• My dad showed me how to place my son belly down on my knee or thigh and bouncing him a little bit (while having a hand on his back and one supporting his head.. omg it worked wonders!!! He even would fall asleep with us doing that! Also, if he's extremely uncomfortable, give him a warm bath and after that, get out the baby oil and give him a baby massage!
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 2:12 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Put a piece of peppermint candy in a bottle of water shake it for a while and let it disolve in the water and let you child drink it.
    shorty81

Answer by shorty81 at 5:07 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• The knee bouncing works just like alinker said.... And if it's just crankiness because of gas.... WHILE SUPERVISED... you can put the baby in the carrier and place it on top of the dryer... turn the dryer on and wah-lah they fall sound asleep - it's sorta like the ole stand-by of driving your baby around in the car. But please don't do that too much. It's a once every now and then thing. My mom also put the baby HIGH over her shoulder, so that the babies weight is holding the tummy tight against the person's shoulder....then she would sit back in a chair, stick her legs straight out, cross them at the ankle and bounce.... she got more babies to burp that way.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 5:43 AM on Apr. 21, 2009