Obama stimulus backlash?

Ok...I was just wondering because my husband was asking...

He is a very paranoid person so...he noticed that he was not getting taxed.

i told him that is the stimulus... now he is wondering if that is going to come back to us at tax time next year?...

i.e sure we are not getting taxed now but will we be taxed at the end of the year?

(We are not all that up on our polotics, but i'm thinking we should now!!!)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:58 AM on Apr. 21, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Do you mean for 2009 taxes? The money is a "credit", which comes off the top of your liability, and you are getting it now instead of after you file 2009 taxes. If you want to save the credit you can opt to take it later after filing 2009 taxes, just talk to your human resources dept to fill out the form.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 1:02 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Thanks
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:09 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I feel bad for the people that don't realize this- and I wonder what it's going to do to some of our American families when they end up owing money next year instead of getting a nice return.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:45 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• You will end up paying in !!!!! It sucks !!!!
    Ann7227

Answer by Ann7227 at 7:33 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Yes, yes, it will. I watch alot of political news and they said that because you are gettin taxed less that that is less money that you will get back on your tax return and if you get very little or nothing back because you do not make enough to then you will be paying in taxes. We got our checks adjusted so that this would not happent o us.
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 7:50 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• All you have to do is fill out a new W-2 and change your withholding. We make so little that it isn't going to make any difference to us on our taxes, but I can see how it could affect others if you are close to another income bracket.....
    4kidsandadog

Answer by 4kidsandadog at 8:39 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• You're paying taxes on your "free money" ya don't say???
    Stop worrying about the people owing taxes next year, for the year filing 2008taxes, the number of tax delinquencies are at an all time high. See your current news and events, more people are now under IRS investigations for delinquencies than at any other time in history. And Obama's new IRS fraud dept. will ensure that confiscation will be done.
    If you thought losing homes to foreclusure was said, wait till you see how many lose it to the man Mr. Tim Geithner.
    You think I'm kidding? He told you while campaigning he was creating a new fraud dept.that would be very aggressive, small business is who he will target. Most likely your employer.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 8:51 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Oh Obamanation is so wonderful isn't it?
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 9:36 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• While we may have some temporary relief (that I have not yet witnessed), we are going to pay for it in a huge way in the future. And so are our descendants.
    ProudTexan71

Answer by ProudTexan71 at 10:59 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• this truly saddens me. because while campaigning everyone seemed so positive and excited about Obama...is he really just another politician?...what am I saying of corse he is...I guess we are the fools.

writing

Anonymous