Contractions? At 23 weeks?

My pregnancy journal has a place to mark contraction, but I am only 23 weeks. Can I have contractions this early if so what do they feel like?

Thanks Ladies!

8Leos12Mommy09

Asked by 8Leos12Mommy09 at 1:17 AM on Apr. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• you can have braxton hicks which are more typical but you CAN go into labor that early but its very rare.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 1:24 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• braxton hicks usually happen that early . they can be painless and soemtimes can be very painful . just be aware and count them if they get close. always go to the L&D if you suspect anything is wrong .
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 1:52 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Yes it is possible to have contractions this early, USUALLY they are just Braxton Hicks, but don't listen to ne thing that tells you they are painless. I get terrible ones with all my kids. You shouldn't be too worried, its just your bodies way of preparing you for the real thing. The contractions are what helps you dialate and efface as well. In my experiences when they were braxton hicks I often wondered if this was it, but when I was TRUELY in labor I knew. If it makes you feel at ease get checked out. No doctor will tell you not to come in if you are concerned. This may help give you a peace of mind that everything is ok.

It kind of feels like severe stomache cramps. But don't base them soley on whether or not they are so many minutes apart. I found out the hard way that labor is not always "regular" contractions and I found myself in a fight with the nurse whether or not I was in labor. Of course I was.
    hostlerak

Answer by hostlerak at 12:47 PM on Apr. 21, 2009