Bean recipes??

Hey does anyone have any good bean recipes??

SusieD250

Asked by SusieD250 at 1:34 AM on Apr. 21, 2009 in Food & Drink

• beans tomatoes and beef broth and juice of lemon
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 1:51 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I have recipes for a black and white bean salad, ham & bean soup, taco soup, baked beans.....PM me if you'd like any!
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 8:31 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I put northern beans, onions ,celery ,carrots ,diced ham in the crockpot along with chicken broth, cook on low for several hrs then add 1/2 can tomatoe soup undiluted and cook another hr.
    misspixie67

Answer by misspixie67 at 8:39 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• You can make hummus with a can of garbanzo beans, tbsp olive oil, splash of lemon juice, some garlic powder, salt, pepper, a lil curry powder, and enough juice from the beans to the consistency you like. Blend it all up and dip veggies n baked pita chips in it! I've been having that for lunch a lot lately. Fills ya up!

We eat these pretty often. SO good! http://www.allrecipes.com/Recipe/Black-Bean-and-Corn-Quesadillas/Detail.aspx

My mom used to make ham n beans like misspixie67 said. We'd eat it with cornbread. Yum! I totally forgot about that too. I'll have to make it soon, thanks! :)
    soldierswifey05

Answer by soldierswifey05 at 9:34 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• what kind of beans?
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 9:56 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I love calico beans..... 2 cans of kidney beans(drained) 2 cans of butter beans(drained) 2 cans of pork and beans, 1 Tbs. Mustard,1 1/2 cup ketchup,4Tbs. vinegar,2 cups brown sugar, 1 cup diced onion, dash salt,1 lb hamburger, and bacon is optional. Cook and drain hamburger then mix all ingred. in crock pot cook for at least 4 hours.

amy7243

Answer by amy7243 at 9:57 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Get blackeyed peas soak them over night and add to crock pot. Take 6-8 slices of bacon, cook until crispy and crumble them into the crock pot. Use the bacon grease to sautee potatoes, onions and garlic in. Add spices and then put in crock pot. Add chicken broth or water to the mix and cook on high for 3 hrs or until potatoes and beans are tender. I was going to add chicken to it this week. It's a really good meal, my DH hates beans, but he loves this.
    dawn_misayo

Answer by dawn_misayo at 11:13 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I have 100s, but there is not room here. My favorite is black bean sweet potato burritos. Feel free to contact me directly and I will be happy to share.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:29 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I rinse dry black beans, then soak overnight in water...then drain and rinse again, and put in a crock pot with fresh water and cook all day (low) until soft. Then I drain and put in freezer bags for meal portions. We have taco salads a lot...and just dump them in with rice and sour cream and cheese with salsa, yum. (Note...if you cook them in different water than they were soaked overnight, it will get rid of the gas producing stuff..)
    energygirl

Answer by energygirl at 12:46 PM on Jul. 14, 2009