I think I am having contractions,

I think I am having contractions, but I have never had them before so I cannot be certain, but for at least 30 minutes now I feel I need to poop, but can't. It doesn't feel like normal constapation, and my water hasn't broken. I am about 36 weeks. Its too late to call my doctor, and the hospital won't give out advice over the phone, they urge you to come in even for the littlest stomach ache. Should I be concerned? Why does it feel so weird, if I am just constapated?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:37 AM on Apr. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I would go just in case. Your still a little early to deliver so if they get it right away they may be able to hold you off for another just to be safe. I don't mean to worry you.. many babies are fine being born at 36 weeks, but as a safety issue i was always told to try to make it to 37 weeks. With my first child my contractions were irregular and they weren't at "text book" descriptions of what they should be. So the nurse argued with me about whether I was in labor or not. I knew I was but she kept telling me I wasn't. You should know when are truely in labor, but I would get checked out just in case... Good Luck!
    hostlerak

Answer by hostlerak at 12:36 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• The baby may have dropped and it's causing pressure on your lower half....if you continue to feel "Odd" go to the ER. At least you'll have peace of mind.
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 1:41 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• it doesn't sound like a contraction, like they said above the baby is probably dropped and putting pressure on your bottom half. I feel like this all the time nowadays, I'm 38 weeks pregnant.
    mzprincessreina

Answer by mzprincessreina at 2:22 AM on Apr. 21, 2009