I think I'm losing one of my kittens, any kitten experts?

My two (less than one week old) kittens are very active and noisy, but my third one is sort of limp and doesn't respond well. She was fed less than two hours ago and urinated then too. Any advice? I'm not taking her to a vet right now, I can't afford it for abandoned strays. I just need to know if there's anything I can do now for her.

toriandgrace

Asked by toriandgrace at 1:40 AM on Apr. 21, 2009 in Pets

• Of course limp is not a good sign, but seems like her kidneys are still working. I don't think there is much you can do right now by yourself. Hopefully over night she will pick up some energy. Sorry you're so worried right now....I have pets also so i totally understand.
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 1:44 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• http://www.kittenbaby.com/first-things.php

I'm sure you've done a ton of google searches, but maybe this will help a little.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:48 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• keep her warm and fluids
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 1:48 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Oh! She's climbing around a bit. Hopefully she'll pull through the night. I'm taking them into the vet tomorrow for a check out.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 1:52 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• If these are strays that you took in out of your own kindness (meaning you didn't have a cat that you just neglected to fix) there are organizations that will help you with the vet costs, many that will at least take a look at them for free. What state do you live in? I could probably send you a list of places that might help or you could call your local Humane Society and ask them.
    aurorabunny

Answer by aurorabunny at 2:47 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Nevermind I see that these aren't from your cat, I just saw your other question--just ignore that part. But there are places that will help with the vet costs.
    aurorabunny

Answer by aurorabunny at 2:48 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Do the kangaroo hold with her. Put her on your chest and cover her with a soft warm blanket. Give her warm milk and massage her tummy to help her digest it.
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 9:08 PM on Apr. 21, 2009