• In the Spotlight:

Why Wont My Son Eat Anymore

My son is 8 months old and has been eating 4 meals a day and now he wont even eat one.... He will eat puffs and some juice and his formula and thats all... He wont eat at all.. I'm worried... Did anyone else's child do this at this age?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:53 AM on Apr. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• He isnt filling up on those puffs and juice is he? Maybe offer those less and when you feed him food, give him finger foods and small cut up bits of what you adults are eating, he is probably ready for that next step.
    jlizgar

Answer by jlizgar at 7:54 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• maybe he is slowed in growing or not having a growth spurt right now
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 1:55 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• probably like 2mothershelpers said, hes slowed down in growing so he doesn't need as much. he won't starve himself, as you saw when he was eating 4 meals a day. just be prepared for an onslaught of wanting lots of food in a few months. and then it goes away and then it comes back. my daughters 3 and there are still times where she won't eat alot for a month and the next month its like shes hungry every 5 mins. just make sure what he does get is healthy, and if you are extremely concerned or he seems sick ask his doctor if it seems normal, and if it does if there are vitamins you can give him so you'll feel like he is still getting what he needs
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 2:21 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• hes also probably teething, so hes not that hungry. thats what my baby is going through right now and what my other 2 kids went through.
    monica_sky1225

Answer by monica_sky1225 at 3:02 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• 4 meals a day of what? If baby food and he's now rejecting that, it's time to offer finger and table foods. You said he'd eat puffs...so maybe he just wants to feed himself. It's more important he has his formula rather than baby food anyway. Babyfood is just for practice, not nutrition.

TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 5:47 AM on Apr. 21, 2009