HR 669 - have you heard about it??

This was posted in the pets listing but didn't get much response!! I'm mad as HELL about it!! Please Goggle it and you will be too. To summerize there is someone who wants us to get rid of our pets unless they were a specie that was here when Columbus "discovered" America. I told the OP, I will give up my bearded dragon & schnuahuahua when they make the Obama girls give up Bo (BTW the Kennedy's gave Bo to them so good luck telling THEM to get rid of thier dog!!)

How do y'all feel about this??

WAganma56

Asked by WAganma56 at 2:00 AM on Apr. 21, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• OK can we get back to the REAL issue here?? I personally don't care if its socialist, communism, Obama, Fred Flintstone or Spongebob. I DO CARE that they are trying to take my choice away of what pets I may own and I DO CARE that this is going to put me and my family out of business. Take your debate about "who" or "what" somewhere else. The OP asked how you all feel about the bill HR 669, not your thoughts about Obama, socialists or communism.
    heatherbug82

Answer by heatherbug82 at 11:18 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• What are they afraid of? Yes i read about it on craigslist
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 2:01 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Thank you for posting this, I hadn't seen it. I think this is twilight zone crap! So now the gov't is giving themselves the power to tell us what pets we can legally own, and this is okay? WTH?

NO this is not okay folks, this is just plain nutzzz, so why are they doing this? Whenever something like this comes to light, they are usually sneaking something else through that they don't want us to know about. Where are jOe and pelOsie, they are up to something!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:39 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Ugh, they fear our economy and wildlife are in danger because of said animals. I din't know if anyone noticed but this bill comes from someone in GUAM!!!!!
    People don't seem to realize that this doesn't just mean reptiles, tigers, bears, monkeys. This means fish that you have in your fish tank that you LO's are so proud to help feed daily. This means that dog that has been in your family for a decade. Or that bird that your grandma has had for 25+ years. I am the original OP that placed this in the pets section and I also placed it here. I couldn't believe that there are people out there that agree to something so rediculous!! We give up so many damn rights anymore, wtf happened to "freedom"??
    Yes it also states that you won't be losing your animals if you have had them before the risk assesment starts, but you have to prove legally that you owned said animal before hand. How do you prove legality on a fish? Or your turtle?
    heatherbug82

Answer by heatherbug82 at 2:50 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I'm not a pet owner- but I can see that other people treat some of their pets like family members. I can't imagine having to prove to the Government that a pet that I had was "legit." WTF? That seems so wrong on so many levels. On the other hand I agree with the above poster- what are they trying to pass through while we all get caught up in this bill?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:43 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• What!! yeah Socialism here we come. Now they are telling us what kind of pet we may own. I'll tell them where to go if they say I can't have myt 2 adopted dogs.
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 7:44 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• well, to everyone who disagrees with this bill, it is your right and RESPONSIBILITY to contact your local legislators and tell them exactly how you feel. i don't want to sound rude in anyway, but if you don't stand up against issues like this then we have no right to complain. make sure that you get involved and know how your congressman(woman) plans on voting on this issue. start a petition if need be. to me it seems like the government is getting too big, i'm pretty sure for reasons like this that our forefathers fled tyranny to live free....we still have rights! just think how this will affect the zoos and aquariums, this county is going to sh-!
    Gemmi280

Answer by Gemmi280 at 8:14 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• http://www.nohr669.com/

here i did a google and found this site dedicated to protesting the bill, they can help you contact your local legislators...
    Gemmi280

Answer by Gemmi280 at 8:18 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• i guess it might not affect the zoos but i still don't like the idea of anyone telling me what pets i can have...
    Gemmi280

Answer by Gemmi280 at 8:19 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• alright i already sent my letter to my representative, it only took a second!
    have a good day ladies!
    Gemmi280

Answer by Gemmi280 at 8:37 AM on Apr. 21, 2009