ANYONE KNOW WHAT THIS COULD BE?

OK SO IM AROUND 16 WEEKS/4 MONTHS PREGNANT AND I WENT TO THE DOCTORS FOR MY REGULAR CHECK-UP AND MY DR. TOLD ME MY PAP. WAS IRREGULAR, MY WHITE BLOOD CELLS WAS LOW OR SOMETHING. HE SAID I NEED TO WAIT UNTIL I HAVE THE BABY SO HE CAN USE SOME KIND OF TOOL TO GO INSIDE ME AND CHECK WAT THE PROBLEM IS. DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT THIS COULD BE?/WHAT CAUSES IT? THE DR. SAYS NOT TO WORRY, BUT HOW CAN I NOT? HE COULDNT EVEN TELL ME ANYTHHING ABOUT WATS GOIN ON INSIDE MY BODY.(i dont no how but i accidentaly closed this question the 1st time i posted it)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:40 AM on Apr. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• yeah i had the same thing, im 21 weeks pregnant,... my pap was abnormal as well.. i had a mild infection, from changing soaps and it made my pap abornal.. only found this out because i went to the ER for vaginal bleeding... Dont worry... if he isnt concerned everything should be ok :D
    dlepasti

Answer by dlepasti at 2:48 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I can't remember how to spell the procedure, but basically they probably are going to either take a small biopsy, or they are going to freeze your cervix to shed the cells that might be bad. They probably will do the biopsy first to see how your cells are. As far as I know there are a lot of young women who need to have this done. I had it done quite a while, (ten) years ago, and that was all that needed to be done. Don't get freaked until you have a reason. This happens more than you know.
    dnksnunny

Answer by dnksnunny at 2:49 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Ok I went and looked up the name of the procedure....it is called cryosurgery....you should google it and then you can understand exactly what it is. I hope this helps.
    dnksnunny

Answer by dnksnunny at 2:54 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• i believe that if your doc doesn't give you a full detail and tell you more so that you may understand and know whts going on you should look for another one. my doctor always told me and made sure that i knew and understood what was going on and the procedures. its your body and you should be informed
    monica_sky1225

Answer by monica_sky1225 at 3:29 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• When you are pregnant, your immune system does not function quite as well as when you are not pregnant. So often women who have never had an abnormal pap will turn up with one. It is ideal to wait until after the baby is born and your cervix has returned to normal (6-10 weeks after birth) and then either repeat the pap test or have a colposcopy. A colposcopy is like having a pap test except he will look at your cervix with a camera that magnifies everything. He will brush the cervix with acetic acid (vinegar!) which turns abnormal cells a bright white. Anything white gets sampled for biopsy. If it isn't white, nothing to sample and the colposcopy exam is over. I wouldn't worry about the pap right now.
    jen1350

Answer by jen1350 at 6:13 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Mine was abnormal when I was pregnant with my daughter. He did when after I gave birth and guess what! NORMAL!! It's just your hormones. I wouldn't be to worried about it
    Havahsmommy

Answer by Havahsmommy at 6:54 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Ahh what is he trying to do to you??? I would never let them do that to me. I had the same thing with my first daughter. Before I was pregnant with her and during pregnancy with her I had an abnormal pap. The doctor told me that pregnancy usually corrects this issue and that there was nothing to worry about. To this day I have had normal paps since she was born... you should be fine.
    hostlerak

Answer by hostlerak at 12:27 PM on Apr. 21, 2009