walking epideral?

what is that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:51 AM on Apr. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i think it only blocks around your groin area.. i BELIEVE... so it doesnt numb your legs or anything.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 2:53 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• never heard of that . when you get an epi half your body is numb you cant walk ...
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 2:53 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• There is such a thing, but it is rarely used. For one, it doesn't work well for advanced labor like transition. You truly can get up and walk with it but many hospitals won't allow you to walk in labor with or without the epidural anyway! Also, it is a huge liability to put an epidural in a pregnant lady and then have her walk around - what if she falls? She has just hit the hospital lottery and they should just write her a check on discharge. So most hospitals have gotten away from such a thing.
    jen1350

Answer by jen1350 at 6:15 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Hmm I have never heard of this... but I will be asking my doctor about it. I loved the no pain with the epideral, but I hated my legs being numb... it was sooo uncomfortable. I don't care about being able to walk... I just wanna be able to adjust myself in bed without my husband having to pick my legs up to do it.
    hostlerak

Answer by hostlerak at 12:22 PM on Apr. 21, 2009