We just had a baby 2 months ago, how soon is safe to have another?

airmanswife08

Asked by airmanswife08 at 2:55 AM on Apr. 21, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I would wait intel they are 9months-1year old is my idea.
    Assila

Answer by Assila at 3:06 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• whenever you feel you can have another one.. I would go for it...

hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 3:09 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• safe health wise is about after 9 weeks i think. because i know that your body takes about 6-9 weeks to heal after having a baby and after that your doc gives you the ok to have sex again.
    monica_sky1225

Answer by monica_sky1225 at 3:13 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I hear its unsafe to get pregnant sooner than 6 months. are you sure you want another one so soon?!?!
    Breezy1988

Answer by Breezy1988 at 4:53 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• My stepsons are 1 yr and 12 days apart, my own kids were 4 yrs apart. If you only have the one baby now? I'd wait til this one is closer to a year, think of what you're going to be facing later on.
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 5:35 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I would wait till the one you just had is walking at least. I could'nt imagine being preggo 9 weeks after or even 6 months after having one. wait is the best for you and the baby...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:51 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Physically, you can get pregnant weeks after birth. However, ideally your body deserves a chance to recover for close to a year. It is best to lose your pregnancy weight prior to conceiving again. Also, consider that if you were exclusively breastfeeding your baby, you likely would not conceive again for close to a year. If you had a c/s, it is advised that you wait 18 months before conceiving to allow full healing of the scar. A pregnancy conceived less than 1 year after a birth is a higher risk pregnancy.
    jen1350

Answer by jen1350 at 6:06 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I have good friends that were only 11 months apart. If you are healthy, there's no reason why you can't start trying now.
    musicgirl77

Answer by musicgirl77 at 6:31 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• doctors recommend 18 months so your uterus can "get back in shape" my friend got preggo 2 months after she had her son and her uterus isnt strong enough to carry the weight they had to sew her cervix closed so shecould continue the pregnancy
    armyissuedwife2

Answer by armyissuedwife2 at 6:57 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Physically you can get pregnant within a couple weeks IF YOU ARE NOT NURSING LIKE NATURE INTENDED. Nursing is natures birth control. The majority of women who nurse exclusively do not ovulate until at least 6 months PP and more like 12 months PP for most. There is a reason nature designed things this way to give our bodies a chance to recover from being pregnant and giving birth. You can do whatever you want, but I would suggest talking with your doctor first.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 7:03 AM on Apr. 21, 2009