military hospital

has anyone delivered at one? (i'm sure there has been. . .)
but, is it different than at a civi dr?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:58 AM on Apr. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• well my friend sara did and my friend crystal wil and they both say it is diff.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 3:01 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Both of my daughters were born at a military hospital. We received excellent care, and I have no complaints. Yes, it's going to be different than a civilian doctor because everyone is in the military. I felt like we got the same care as we would have if I went to civilian hospital.

Aviators_Wife

Answer by Aviators_Wife at 3:23 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I had my son in the one at Ft Lewis, Washington. He's 24 now, it use to be a training hospital, which might be different then a regular one. I never saw the same doctor twice during my pregnancy, the one that did deliver me had only done three babies before me. We didn't find that out til later on, he was ok, but nervous, not that I could blame him.
    The one thing I didn't like was that they gave me pain meds that I didn't ask for and didn't want. But I had no choice, they didn't do a thing for the pain, just made me feel really weird and dizzy.
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 5:32 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I didn't but I fought tricare to be seen out in town. I'm sure some receive fine care, but I knew multiple women who had problems & I refused to be seen at the Naval hospital. I also wanted a midwife and wanted to see the same person for most of my visits. Wherever you go, just have a good birth plan and stick to your guns about decisions you want to be made.
    RugersMommy06

Answer by RugersMommy06 at 7:04 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I wouldn't deliver in a base hospital if my life depended on it. I hate the care at the one here : / So glad for a home birth!
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 8:26 AM on Apr. 21, 2009