Miss USA comment from Miss California

What a bunch of BS! She answered honestly and Perez Hilton should realize that not everyone suppports gay marriage! He needs to get over himself!
What do you think of this?

ronjwake

Asked by ronjwake at 3:33 AM on Apr. 21, 2009 in Just for Fun

• The media is saying she hates gays. What a bunch of idiots! Just because she responded honestly to the stupid question that shouldn't have been asked in the first place, she's labeled as hating gays! She probably was aware by answering "My family and I believe marriage should be between a man and a woman" she would not be able to win the competition and yet she stood for what she believes in. Kudos to her.

It's a disgrace how gay activists have become so bold to the extent of becoming so vicious and expecting everyone to embrace homosexualism.
    wanita61

Answer by wanita61 at 4:19 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• First, I want to say that I do support gay marriage. With that said, I don't understand why they asked such a controversial question to begin with. I'm not trying to say that the women involved are stupid or anything, but it just seems to me that this is not the right forum for a topic like that. And even setting that aside and saying it was an appropriate question, he should not have acted the way he did. You ask a question, you get an answer. If you disagree, why not just respectfully say "I disagree" or even "I disagree, and here's why..." I think the whole thing was a big disaster that shouldn't have happened.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 6:29 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I agree with both of the pp's. It doesnt matter if everyone agrees with what she said, but I have a feeling he asked because of who she was. Miss California. I think he thought that of ALL people she would be on his side about this. I sometimes feel like an odd ball amongst the christians, simply because I don't have a specific opinion about it. I think he asked and she gave an honest answer. That was all she was supposed to do and he is being a BIG baby about it. Personally, I think it was wrong of him to cause her to lose the competition because of his disagreement with her answer. He acted like she was the ONLY woman on the planet to feel that way. Shes standing by her answer though. I like that.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 8:34 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I support gay marriage, too, but Perez acted like a turd after the show. He was mad, and I understand that. What did he expect?? She voiced her opinion. She would have been cheered and booed either way. I winced when he asked the question, knowing it would be a huge issue. Although I don't agree with her, I think she gathered her question quickly and stated it the best she could without dropping her jaw. It's hard to answer a question you're not prepared for that quickly and elaborately. I think she did a good job... but I would have answered differently ;)
    gimmeababy

Answer by gimmeababy at 8:41 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• i think she stated her personal opinion to the best of her ability and perez needs to quit having a hissy fit. this is a hot topic and opinions are like assh*les, everyone has one whether they show it or not. not everyone thinks alike and i applaud her for standing by what she said. she was as eloquent as possible considering she was not prepared for that question, which should have never been asked in the first place. next lets ask them about abortion, and bsl....
    devonsmom

Answer by devonsmom at 9:16 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Agree with everyone! I posted a question about this yesterday and i think Perez is being such a little girl about this. He asked a question, he got his answer. Then he has the nerve to say publicly what her answer "should have been." I don't really have an opinion about gay marriage, I can take or leave it but this woman stated her beliefs and that should have been it. She didn't even say that's how everyone should think. All she said was that was how she was raised. Perez was stupid for even asking that question, using his place as a judge to get his cause out there. Like it or not, everyone will not have the same view on gay marriage and the sooner he accepts that the better off he'll be.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:33 AM on Apr. 21, 2009