while you were pregnant were you really clumsy and forgetful? is that normal?

i trip over things and sometimes i even fall over things all the time.......i dropped stuff and break them .....and im forgetful....very forgetful.....i just want to know if it was normal and if you had any advice for how to cope with it....it is very annoying

proudmama2be88

Asked by proudmama2be88 at 3:47 AM on Apr. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I dont find myself being forgetful... at least i havent realized it if I am but I drop EVERYTHING!!!! it seemed to happen to me as soon as it was getting harder to bend over, and I also trip over everything too... but in my defense I cant see my feet! so how the heck am I supposed to not trip over things if i cant see them?
    Breezy1988

Answer by Breezy1988 at 4:24 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Yes and yes! Very normal. I believe the being clumsy is because your body is trying to cope with the added bump you are growing...not to mention the nausea and dizziness not helping lol. The forgetfulness is PURE motherhood lol...welcome. Start carrying post-its with you and write EVERYTHING done even if you think you will remember it especially questions for your obgyn! GL mama
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 5:25 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Yes i was very forgetful so always have paper and pen and write everything down, thats what i had to do. I work with the public and i always made an ass out of myself dropping stuff. So ya its normal.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:45 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I know that I am for sure more forgetful, my co workers make fun of me all of the time, I work at a restaraunt and half of the things I pick up usually end up on the floor. Its good that I am in managment and not working on the floor around guests all of the time.
    McMomma22844

Answer by McMomma22844 at 6:12 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I was so clumsy pregnant. I even slipped and hit my head in the shower. Be really careful, I suggest a bathmat. And as far as forgetting things...count on it. If I didn't write it down, I'd no doubt forget. Good news- everything's back to normal now. Thank goodness its temporary huh?!
    COgle3

Answer by COgle3 at 8:13 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• OMGosh! It hought I was the only one! LOL This is normal? I thought I was losing my mind....
    mominbolt

Answer by mominbolt at 8:51 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• It is normal!..at least I hope so haha. I am forgetful of a lot of things, and am a little clumsy. More forgetful than clumsy though. I don't remember it being this bad with my first pregnancy, but that's probably just because I have more on my plate now..with a little one to take care of while being prego.
    deesbabygabe

Answer by deesbabygabe at 10:23 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Totally normal! Sometimes I think it is kind of funny. Sometimes not so much. I locked my keys in my car at work (I work 25 mins away from home, and we only have one car) because I forgot to grab them out of the ignition.. i usually allllwwwaaayyysss make sure. not recently.
    itsbree2you

Answer by itsbree2you at 10:58 AM on Apr. 21, 2009