Todays News: Would you give permission to your school to start to strip-search students?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:14 AM on Apr. 21, 2009 in General Parenting

• Another way to look at this - make sure your children know that they have the right to tell the school to call you at any time if the school is asking them to do something they are not comfortable with - such as this...
    beachmamaof2

Answer by beachmamaof2 at 12:00 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• No way! That is sick & twisted.
    Rainbowbrite639

Answer by Rainbowbrite639 at 7:15 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Never. Not even with me present. I cannot think of any reason to ever strip search a child.... if there is that big a problem at a school, then metal detectors and drug dogs can do all the alerting needed... 3 - even 2 strikes and you're out of that school for the rest of the year. I understand zero tolerance, but strip searches of students has got to be a violation of some kind of rights.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 7:19 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I understand this passed the House in 2006... and was amended to include that the search had to be reasonable and not intrusive.      I never trust what the media says just because they report something or FINALLY pick up on something.....  if there is newer information; someone please post the link. This is what I found preliminarily.

Student and Teacher Safety Act

PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 7:27 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• No! NEVER!!!
    jackiec7707

Answer by jackiec7707 at 7:45 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• No.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 7:47 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• No way and I would kick some serious a** if that ever happened.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 7:48 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• no
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 8:00 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• hell no
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 8:06 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Never! Police can't even question a minor without a parent present. Why should a school official have the right to strip search a child without a parent or a police officer present? I would never agree to that and I would sue for damages.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 8:11 AM on Apr. 21, 2009