Ultrasound due date

when you are given a due date based off of ultrasound rather than what your LMP suggests do you count back 38 weeks or 40 to determine when conception may have occured?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:20 AM on Apr. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• ultrasounds can be wrong..im measuing to be 37 weeks and im due tomorrow =P
    i trust the blood work
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 7:57 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• wow. well congrats and good luck :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:59 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• thankyou ^_^
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 7:59 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• LMP can be just as inaccurate depending on your cycle. Of course the PP is measuring wrong, u/s for size are very inaccurate AFTER the first trimester because genetics play a huge role in development. There isn't much variation in embryo's though.

If you were given an early dating u/s you would count back what the u/s told you. They don't take off a couple weeks with an early u/s because it's based on size. So for instance if the u/s said you were 7w6d you would count back 7w6d. No need to take off any days or add any etc because your embryo is the size of a 7 week embryo.

My LMP's are never right. I got an early dating with my daughter and counting back it made much more sense! I know around the time of conception for this one so I didn't need an early u/s. I only got an emergency one at 15 weeks then the 20 we one. I am sure if I got one now I would be measuring ahead. I carry big babies :)
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 8:41 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• not sure.. that would be a good question for your ultrasound tech.. mine was awesome and did a great job answering all my questions.. but good luck anyways! AND CONGRATS!!
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 9:40 AM on Apr. 21, 2009