How to prepare and cook Beef Chuck Roast-Boneless?

I'd like to cook this I am just tired of making the same old same.
So please ladies, How do I cook this? Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:49 AM on Apr. 21, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I have cooked them in the slow cooker. I just add some water to it, w/ onion soup mix, potatoes, and carrots. Let it cook all day, on low/med heat.
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 7:55 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• 3-4 lb. boneless chuck roast
    1/2 stick butter
    1/2 tsp. garlic salt
    1/2 tsp. onion salt
    1/2 tsp. salt
    1/2 tsp. black pepper
    1 can mushroom soup
    1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce

Cook in Dutch oven on top of stove. Melt 1/2 stick butter. Put roast in Dutch oven in melted butter, brown real brown. Turn over brown other side. Add garlic salt, onion salt, salt, pepper and Worcestershire sauce. Pour mushroom soup on top roast. Spread over roast. Put 2-3 cans water into Dutch oven over roast.

Cover and cook 2-3 1/2 hours on low heat. Check to see if you need to add more water in hour or so. Makes its own gravy. Serve 4-6 people. Serve with rice or cream potatoes.
    peggy353

Answer by peggy353 at 9:27 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• it should be braised or marinated. I have used a tenderizer and then cooked it on the grill to medium Rare and it was tasty and tender!! Or think of different ethnec flavors, like mexican seasonings are really tasty! then use a s a shredded beef for taco's , burritoes and enchiladas.
    Or make cuban Ropa Vieja. or Vaca frita.
    http://www.recipesource.com/ethnic/americas/mexican/ropa-vieja2.html
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 9:55 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Just make it your own thing. If you have a crock pot use that and add whatever you want, be creative. Or use one of those oven bags. Then make a rouge (don't know how to spell it) by adding butter to a pot then flour to make a paste. Add the beef drippings to it and mix well, then let it simmer (not boil) until it's thickened. Add spices to it and you got pot roast with gravy.
    dawn_misayo

Answer by dawn_misayo at 11:18 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I put it in the slowcooker. Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder. Put in slow cooker. Add cut up carrots and potatoes. Put in about a cup of water or beef broth/consumme. I cook on low for 8 hours. (Or high for about 4 hours). For the water, I fill about and inch or two of liquid.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:57 AM on Apr. 21, 2009