How many of you went past your due date?

Tomorrow is my due date...
I got my membranes stripped yesterday, had tons of painful contractions...and now they stopped =[ well pretty much...i still have them just their like 20 minutes apart...

What was going through your mind when you made it to your due date..and then that day passed and you were still pregnant?

What went through your mind?

for me:: "tomorrow is my due date and im still not in labor, im gonna be pregnant forever"

MissKellee

Asked by MissKellee at 7:56 AM on Apr. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had my membranes done on 9-11 and had my daughter 9-14. I was due the 15th so she was born at 11:24 am on the 14th so she was only 11 hours and 36 minutes early. If your having them start cleaning and try being really active to kick the labor in gear. I was in bed and had 1 contraction at 11:30, my water broke at 1:30 am and I never had another contraction until 3 am. I thought for sure I was going to be pregnant forever but then again I was sick all but 3 weeks of the pregnancy.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 8:05 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• oooo its 8am...im gonna go back to bed and then later ill attempt to clean :D
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 8:07 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• My son was 10 days late. I walked around 3 cm dialated and fully effaced for 3 weeks. When I started having constant contractions (they were painless) without progressing, they induced me. My labor was really fast at that point, only 2 hours.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 8:17 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I am hoping to go past my due date. I want the baby to grow as long as she needs to. I was induced with my daughter at 38 weeks for a medical issue and will be so glad to make it to 40 weeks, or beyond.

Remember, due dates are a guess. You aren't over due until after 42 weeks so while the *date* the doctor gave may come and go... you have 2 weeks before being overdue! Try and keep that in mind.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 8:37 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I had my membranes stripped three times. THREEEEEE! Haha, painful memories are flooding back now. I was so pissed on my due date. I never had any contractions. I lost my mucous plug and everything. I wrote a journal entry every single day from about week 37 to week 41 and the day they induced me. I even wrote journal entries from the hospital bed. Yeah, I thought I was gonna be pregnant forever. I didn't have any oxytocin (the labor-inducing hormone) in my body, so I probably would've never gone into labor on my own. I was glad to be induced at 41 weeks O.O
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 9:30 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I had my membranes done twice.. and once more at the hospital.. I was mad on my due date that she wasn't coming.. and tried EVERYTHING to get her to come, ate spicy food even tho I hate it.. went for a 3 hour walk around the reservoir near our house.. sex.. lunges and stretches.. all sorts of stuff. We 'celebrated' our due date with every baby come now theory that's ever been uttered.... and still nothing. I was induced 6 days later.
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 9:38 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Oh yeah, the spicy food and walking and sex theories were VERY popular at my house around that time xD
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 9:40 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I was due on July 19th, my son was born on August 3rd. I went into hiding. I stopped answering the phones, stopped answering emails, everything because as soon as I answered the phone is was someone saying "Did you have the baby yet?" which was silly and annoying. I had random family members who NEVER call me calling to see if I was in labor yet. I was pretty sure that I'd be lucky if my son was born before he went to college!

It will happen, I know it's so hard to wait but your little baby will be here soon. Take this time to rest, get things done if you can, and find some quiet time for reflection. Things are going to get really crazy soon! Good luck!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:02 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• When my due date hit i also felt like i would be pregnant forever because i had tried almost everything to make myself go into labor and nothing worked. The last thing i tried was nipple stimulation and i did that a lot throughout the next 2 days and woke up in full labor the 2nd day so i think that helped. It wasn't that far past my due date but it drove me nuts not having her when i thought she'd come. My son was 4 days early so i figured the second one would be like that but no luck :-p I'm hoping this next one comes a little early or a little late because i am due on christmas day, but i won't know until then.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 10:04 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• i was late everytime. and they said since i was young, i'd have them early. well that's what everybody thought. i went over a couple of days with both my kids. normally they won't let you go past a week with being late.

i went into labor a day before my induction but didn't wanna go in because i'd gone in the day after my due date because i thought my water broke. so i had contractions 3 - 9 minutes apart for a whole twenty four hours. then it was smooth sailing as soon as i got into the hospital. my due date was like june 18th and he was born june 22. a day before my birthday :)
    summerdaile

Answer by summerdaile at 10:21 AM on Apr. 21, 2009