Are those seat covers for shopping carts any good?

Do you think those seat covers for shopping carts are preventing kids from getting germs? I have a baby and I am mulling over buying one. They go in the front where the child sits. I use those wipes that the grocery store gives you-but some stores like Target do not provide them. Have you bought one? Do you like using it?

pamom222

Asked by pamom222 at 8:12 AM on Apr. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I bought it and hated it. I just buy a pack of sanitary wipes and wipe the cart down myself if they don't provide them for you. It was a pain to get that thing in the car, then get her out and then if its pouring down rain you have to take the child out then the seat cover and by then your soaked. I would rather by lysol wipes and clean the cart inside.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 8:16 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I bought one and liked it fine. I didn't get if because of germs. Hell, they can pick those up anywhere. I had it for a little cushion in the basket, and so I'd ALWAYS have a seat belt when they weren't real steady at sitting while moving yet! lol

I kept it stuffed in the bag (big bag...had 3 under 3 at one time), so grabbed the bag, the kid and went into the store. Now...it was a juggling act to put the seat cover on and hold the baby...but unless you live where it rains a LOT...it's not that much of an issue.

Usually I would park next to a cart corral, get the cart, put on the seat cover then grab the kid out of the car.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 8:37 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Never used mine. I got it as a shower gift and it's still sitting there in its package a year later!
    mkemom519

Answer by mkemom519 at 9:47 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I had one and didn't like it at all. It was more of a nusiance than anything else. I think I ended up using it 2-3 times before I gave up on it.
    MomFanelli

Answer by MomFanelli at 9:57 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I liked mine and used ot all the time. Kiddo's put their mouth on everything. You need to make sure the one uy get covers all the parts they try to eat. I don't think you can clean it that well with an wipe. I also think you have to make sure to wash it a lot, because the cart seats are full of germs.
    Simonsmama

Answer by Simonsmama at 11:36 PM on Apr. 25, 2009