Can your diet make your period late?

I've changed my diet... decreased my calorie intake...started working out & running 1 to 2 miles daily... My period is 2 weeks late could all this change my cycle ? I know I'm not PG I've had the tubes tied plus dropping pounds and sizes!

jlynrhodes

Asked by jlynrhodes at 8:16 AM on Apr. 21, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• I just researched this yesterday! Yes, it can. The same thing is happening to me. For the past 8 months I have had a regular cycle of 28 days. Last month (when I started dieting and working out) my cycle was only 21 days. And now here I am 31 days later and still nothing.
    Lexi.Mommy

Answer by Lexi.Mommy at 8:33 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Poor eating habits, excessive exercising, preganacy and menopause can all cause you to miss periods.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:52 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Yes! It definitely can. The chemicals in the foods that you eat can affect your hormones, so depending on how you changed your diet, it can definitely affect your cycle. There are a lot of female athletes who don't get their periods because of training.
    peppermintmocha

Answer by peppermintmocha at 5:32 PM on Apr. 21, 2009