Can your diet make your period late?

I've changed my diet... decreased my calorie intake...started working out & running 1 to 2 miles daily... My period is 2 weeks late could all this change my cycle ? I know I'm not PG I've had the tubes tied plus dropping pounds and sizes!

jlynrhodes

Asked by jlynrhodes at 8:17 AM on Apr. 21, 2009 in Health

• Yes, it may not be true for all women but a drastic change in diet and exercise can throw your body and cycle off. Good luck with your weight loss and don't be to concerned unless you notice other changes like swelling or excess bloating with no period or cramping with no period for long periods of time.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 8:19 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• It can. Running can be jolting to the body, too.
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 8:33 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• You can mess up your cycles, by losing weight, and gaining weight. Certian medications can also stop or delay your cycles. Congratz on losing weight!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:08 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Yes, it can. You are dieting and exercising and that will mess with your cycle. Congrats on losing weight. I have until August to lose 40 lbs and haven't even started. My 20 yr reunion is at the end of August and I want to look good. Any ideas on how to get started on an exercise plan? I have asthma so I have to start out slow.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:13 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Yes it can and it can also cause you to have period pains and bad cramping..or even mild cramping.

Since changing my diet radically I hardly notice my period has come because I don't get any pain or horrible feelings.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 5:08 PM on Apr. 21, 2009