Does Wii Fit actually work?

Does the Wii Fit actually work to get results, not just like a cute fun toy, does it work for toning and everything?? Just wondering how you all feel about it

petiteNprego

Asked by petiteNprego at 8:31 AM on Apr. 21, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• It can work if you use it the right way. Its a fun new way to work out besides going to a gym. Anything can help you as long as you do the work.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 8:33 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• cool thanks!!! i dont need to drop weight i just wanna tone, and i get bored with crunches lol
    petiteNprego

Answer by petiteNprego at 8:34 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Yep.... bought one 2 months ago... got serious about playing it about 3 weeks ago... first I noticed that I was sore after a night of bowling and tennis..... then I lost 12 lbs.... It makes you active, which is way better than being sedentary.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 8:34 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• so the wii fit is worth gettin over just having the regular wii?
    petiteNprego

Answer by petiteNprego at 8:36 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I agree, if works if you use it regularly AND if you go past your comfort zones. Use it to work out your whole body. Be sure and do some stretches to warm the muscles before doing the "harder" exercises. This will help you burn more calories. After 5-8 min. of warm up, then go straight to the Pilates and other muscle toning exercises, then do cardio last.

Remember that muscle burns more calories. When you tone and strength train first, your body uses the sugar first, then goes to the fat to get energy. When you do cardio first, the body gets its energy from the muscles. A woman never wants to lose muscle. :)
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 8:45 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• To be honest in my opinion...I wanted one so badly and finally got one and I havent used it since January :(

It really depends on the person, I just felt I was doing more reading on it than the actual exercise
    one hour on there and thirty minutes of workout which is not bad but what really happened to the other thirty minutes you'll have to get one to see what I am talking about. It's fun until you get burned out just like everything else. GL Who knows maybe you are more of a go get 'er.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 8:47 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I love it and when we were snowed in my girls just went on the "jog through the park" so many times, so it has other benefits too... they played with it and wer active for hours while actually being up and active
    LuckyClown

Answer by LuckyClown at 8:54 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• thats true i never thought of my son using it as he gets older, hes only 14 months old now....
    petiteNprego

Answer by petiteNprego at 8:55 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• my son is 22 months. and he plays it all the time. lol. he plays baseball and bowls and sometimes tennis but that's tough for it. and yeah it works if you use it everyday. i don't have to with ours so occasionally i do and it's fun and i can feel the pain next day.
    summerdaile

Answer by summerdaile at 10:14 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I got bored with it once I unlocked everything. The cardio isn't nearly as hard as I need.

Last week I bought 'My Fitness Coach' for the Wii, and it rocks. It's also a heck of a lot cheaper than WiiFit. It takes your measurments, runs you through a couple of tests, then sets it's self to your fitness level. As you workout it asks how you did after each section and adjusts even more. It also lets you set a long-term goal, and suggests a workout schedule based on that and your fitness level. And let's you put in what equipment you have so it can include those in your routine.
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 10:28 AM on Apr. 21, 2009