Second baby?

My son is 4 months old, and I am dying to have a second child. Is it too soon? Hubby thinks so.

mandylynn19875

Asked by mandylynn19875 at 8:58 AM on Apr. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would wait for at least a year.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:00 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• We know someone who got pregnant 7 weeks after having her first and she wishes she would have waited. She missed out on a lot worrying about the pregnancy and getting ready for another baby and she said if she could do it all over they would have waited until the oldest could feed itself and things like that as its hard. If your hubby says no its to soon then wait until he is ready. I wanted another one 10 days after my daughter and she is 7 months with no new sibling on the way.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 9:01 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I would wait, but thats me. I waited until my dd was 3 to get pregnant again. 4 months isn't enought time for your body to get back to normal, it would be a very stressful pregnancy on your body.
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 9:01 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I think it's too soon. I would wait it out till baby is atleast 1. I'm sure it's a lot of work to have 2 little ones so close in age.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 9:10 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I went through the same thing. Pretty much the entire first year of lily's life I wanted to have another baby, I don't know if it was hormones or what but I am so happy I waited. Once my daughter started walking and asserting her independence I couldn't image having a newborn at the same time. I know a lot of people do have kids close together, but before you do it think about if it's right for you. That four month old will turn into a handful really soon.

lilysmom2607

Answer by lilysmom2607 at 9:13 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Physically you can get pregnant within a couple weeks if you are not nursing like nature intended. Nursing is natures birth control. The majority of women who nurse exclusively do not ovulate until at least 6 months PP and more like 12 months PP for most. There is a reason nature designed things this way to give our bodies a chance to recover from being pregnant and giving birth. You can do whatever you want, but I would suggest talking with your doctor and hubby first.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 9:32 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• If you and your SO are not on the same page then it is not the right time. This would cause undue stress on you and your body not to mention your relationship. Take the time to enjoy your new baby! Give it a few more months and revisit the topic if you still feel strongly.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:44 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I have three kids and my first two are 14 months apart... It wasn't planned that way but i love that they are so close in age. My oldest just turned 3 and my baby is 5 1/2 weeks. My thought is if i'm going to be changing daipers and not getting much sleep i mine is well do it all at once. They really get along great. Also; becuse my first was only 14 months old I never had to worry about jealousy she never knew anything different. I think as a parent we will always have challenges regardless of how far apart the kids are!!! I wouldn't change it for anything! Hope this helped!
    Melissa6280

Answer by Melissa6280 at 9:49 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Coming from someone who ended up with 3 in 33 months, I strongly recommend waiting.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 10:15 AM on Apr. 21, 2009