will lemons help a diet out?

i was thinking of using the juice out of a lemon in my water, does it have that acidity to help out with your diet like a grapefruit does?

americansugar80

Asked by americansugar80 at 9:19 AM on Apr. 21, 2009 in Just for Fun

• It can add vitamins and flavor to foods and drinks...I don't know that it will help you lose weight, but it might make your 'good for you' food choices more appealing!

You should look up a list of the foods that burn more calories to digest than what they contain. A lot of vegetables and some fruits are on there...they are excellent to add to a diet because you can essentially eat as much of those foods as you want and actually help yourself out!
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 9:31 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• All citrus fruits are rich in vitamin C as well as other micro-nutrients, certain phyto-chemicals and fiber. Citrus fruits also protect against infection and cancer. They are an essential element in any healthy diet.

Lemons contain vitamin C, calcium, copper, iron, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, potassium and zinc. Although too acidic to eat raw the use of lemons in cooking is highly recommended.

In addition, lemon juice, diluted half and half with hot water, is highly anti-bacterial and makes a highly effective gargle or mouth wash for mouth ulcers and sore throats. Pure lemon juice may also be applied directly to spots or cold sores.
    peggy353

Answer by peggy353 at 9:20 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Not sure but I love to drink water with lemons
    Yellowrose9

Answer by Yellowrose9 at 9:30 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• yes I have heard it does and drinking warm liquids instead of cold helps your digestion too.
    MAMAMISTY33

Answer by MAMAMISTY33 at 9:52 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I have heard the opposite of mamamisty...well, maybe they're talking about 2 different things. I have heard that drinking cold water burns more calories because of the calories burned raising it's temperature or regulating yours...but I suppose that really doesn't have anything to do with digestion.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 10:28 AM on Apr. 21, 2009