I just thought about something...breastfeeding question

I have said my daughter is EBF, but she's really not because I pump and feed a lot so she is not actually on the breast. She has only ever had my milk, but I would say she nurses about 50% of the time now, and that is up from exclusively pumping and feeding.

Am I "allowed" to say EBF or should I correct myself. I know this is probably "nit picking" but I don't want to be lying if I say EBF?

kabbot01

Asked by kabbot01 at 9:43 AM on Apr. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If someone wants to say you CAN'T say she's expressly breast fed, smack them.

You're giving it more dedication than anyone who only provides the breast, you're pumping enough so the baby only gets breast milk.

You've EARNED the right to say it!
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 10:07 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Yes, it is still breastmilk so that is the same thing. Times are changing so at least to me and everyone I know, we still consider pumping and bottle feeding breastmilk to be EBF. To me, it just means it's all breastmilk and no formula. My son refused the breast at about 3 months so I exclusively pumped and for fed him breastmilk in the bottle. He never had formula. But I still consider him EBF.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 9:49 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• You're allowed to call it whatever you want. I wouldn't consider her EBF, but I'd say she drinks only breast milk. That's just me though.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 4:34 PM on Apr. 21, 2009