If you dont go to the gym, how do you incorperate exersize in ur day?

I work 50+ hours a week, Have 2 little ones a husband that works 3rd shift and love to exercise, but I’m working on limited time in my day sooo... I try to double up on regular activities and add an exercise in to the same time slot like while I do the dishes I will do leg lifts or squats, I do keagles while I’m driving ... I do railing pushups, squats and jog in place while I smoke a cigarette ( I know i know but still...) I don’t have time to take out of my day so I add into it. I have lost 40lbs since Oct and this has been a big part of it... Does anyone else do this? Any good ideas for more ways to save time?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:52 AM on Apr. 21, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• well well busy MaMa! although u do work a 50 hr wk u have to be busy however! u got time girrly.. Before work maybe run around the block get up 30minutes earlier run for 20 minutes hop in the shower. and my doctor reccommend a banana instead of eggs,bacon, and toast for a breakfast.. and when you get home from work do your drills with the kids,.. im telling you go to walmart and buy a 10minuter workout DVD video it does work..they have a good variety to pick from.. and before going to bed work out for 10 minutes and if feeling ambitious run it through twice and do it for another 10.. also i would also reccomend a salad with each dinner, or even for a lunch.. it will work.. dont eat spaghetti or pizza or any pasta that will help you gain, eat a salad with a grilled chicken, nothing fried.. and if you can possibly try 20 pushup and 20 situps before bed this helped my friend lose up to 40 lbsd within 3mnths try it.. you haave to
    NewLady1

Answer by NewLady1 at 5:54 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Take the stairs instead of elevators. Park in the last spot in every parking lot you go to, walking the extra steps will add up over time. You could buy some workout videos and do them at home. Maybe wake up a little earlier in the mornings and do them to get your day started. I wake up about 40 minutes before I would normally need to and do a 30-minute cardio DVD before jumping in the shower. The Crunchless Abs videos are actually only 10-minute workouts and they are great. I do one of those every day and it really comes in handy. Maybe you could find a gym that has daycare in it so you can take your kids. You could take your kids for a walk in the evenings while the weather isn't too hot or too cold. After dinner, I drive my son to the park near our house and I push him in his stroller for about 45 minutes and then we come back, he takes a bath and we play some before his bedtime.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 9:59 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I am very busy every day, but I try to take an hour out of my day to do Zumba...it's a fun way to release stress and burn calories...I love it so much, I instruct it at the Hook Community Center...if you like to dance this is the perfect way to go...it is a mixture of Latin and hip hop dance,no experience needed...just gets your body moving...you can go to a class... www.HighDesertZumba.com or order the DVD's www.Zumba.com... but it is so much more fun when you do it in a live class with friends...great way to meet people!!!
    2007Mom1969

Answer by 2007Mom1969 at 11:30 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• During the summer, I quit driving. And my kids and I have been going on 4 mile walks. It is a great multi tasking event for us. My kids and I get to talk about their day, my dog gets her walk. I get my walk and depending on other things, we can pick up small amounts of groceries, etc. I love it.
    peppermintmocha

Answer by peppermintmocha at 5:34 PM on Apr. 21, 2009