Gift for a male teacher?

Not sure what category to put this in, but here goes... My son will be starting middle school next year. In elementary school he's had a lot of great teachers but this year he has his first male teacher (with exception to his p.e. teachers). My son has always bought or made his teachers a gift at the end of the school year as a little thank you. He would like to do the same this year, except we're stuck on figuring out something a little more male friendly. (and this year he's making sure to include his p.e. teachers also) Any suggestions? I could really use some help on this one.

blueyes581

Asked by blueyes581 at 9:59 AM on Apr. 21, 2009 in Just for Fun

• All men love baked goods so he could make him cookies or something. Even just a little thank you card with some candy. Possibly a tie or tie clip or a nice pen set.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 10:01 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• What did you do for the female teachers? I have seen people give Pizza Hut giftcards to men for presents and it always went over well. If the teacher is into sports, he could find out his favorite team and make something with that incorporated. He could find some cool game pictures from that team and make a scrapbook or something. It really depends on what you do for the female teachers.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 10:02 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Gift card for supplies. They spend a lot of their own money on them.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 10:05 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• He could make a pen and pencil holder if he wants to do a craft. That is pretty gender neutral.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:05 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• a tie
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:07 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• swiss army knife, men love gadgets... they have all different sizes... it doesn't have to be swiss army... can be engraved with initial or name...
    kflwrgrl

Answer by kflwrgrl at 10:09 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I would ask him if he has any sort of HObbie or sports he likes..... casuelly....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:11 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I wouldn't go with the knife since that could stir up some problems with having a weapon in the school. I know silly, but true. I was going to suggest a tie too. Or maybe something like a mug or something.
    jenniferlee_12

Answer by jenniferlee_12 at 10:16 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• maybe a plant or a science "thing" for the classroom
    kflwrgrl

Answer by kflwrgrl at 10:24 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• How about some grilling spices and sauces in a basket. I did that once along with a grill spatula for one of my DS's male teachers and he called me and told me it was the nicest gift he had ever received from a student. You don't have to do the spatula thing but the sauces and/or spices are a nice idea....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:26 AM on Apr. 21, 2009