How can you tell if it's a miscarraige? Please answer.

I am a week late on my period as of yesterday and have not taken a test yet. I have had a gut wrenching feeling that I am pregnant, but I have been too scared to test. But I got up this morning and my stomach and back are cramping very bad, not like menstral cramps, way more severe. And I keep getting cold chills and kind of nauseated. Im not bleeding though. Could this be a possible miscarraige? Please vote popluar so I can get some answers? It just started, but if it keeps up, yes, I am gonna go to the dr.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:18 AM on Apr. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• With our first pregnancy I never thought I'd miscarry, I tried to be positive, you know :) So I chalked up all my cramps to the quickening feeling or tightening that others have mentioned, saying it was normal.
    Well I started bleeding one day and a week later it was all over.

Now I'm 20 weeks pregnant, and I can tell you the cramping feeling at the beginning was very similar, even the thumping/palpitation-like feeling in my abdomen that I had when I miscarried I had again this time around! I honestly can't say I felt a difference. This time I assumed I was going to lose the baby again, and I'm so happy I was wrong. So really just hang in there and try not to stress out over it, I guess if it's going to happen there isn't anything we can do to change it ^^
    HeresHoping

Answer by HeresHoping at 8:19 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• It could be what they call quickening when you first conceive. Your body cramps due to the stretching and implanting of the baby. Take a test. You could also be constipated so test and if it continues contact the doctor.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 10:19 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• You could be in the beginnings of a miscarriage. I promise you will know if you have one... the pain, the blood, it's very obvious. Your doctor will do an ultrasound, and take some blood. If they cannot see anything on ultrasound, they can check your hcg levels today and 2 days from now to see if your levels go down. That is, if you don't miscarry before then.

By chance do you have any shoulder pain? If so, it could be an ectopic...
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 10:22 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• *brailynsmama*
    i dont think i am constipated. i went yesterday, i know...tmi
    when i got pregnant with my first for a week before i took the test it felt like
    i was getting ready to start my period and the cramps weren't bad, so idk.
    thanks for the help.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:25 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• *Calvarybaby*
    I have never had a miscarraige before so i don't know how it feels.
    i was supposed to start last monday and took a test last week but it was neg,
    so i don't know if it was too early to tell. i am gonna see if the pain subsides
    and go to walmart to get a test, if i continue to hurt like this i will call a dr.
    no shoulder pain though.
    thanks
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:28 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• not this past Saturday but the one before i had very bad cramps and went to the hospital, I hadn't found out by then that i was pregnant but pretty much knew i was, well they took a test that was negative and said it was probably just gas and i was also dehydrated. I found out the next day that I was pregnant and my doctor said that it was probably implantation cramps. I have had 2 kids and the cramps were a lot worse than i ever remembered before. It could be the start of a miscarriage, or it could be implantation cramps. I would take another test to see if you are and if you are and the cramps continue and you start bleeding i would call the doctor.If you are and it is just cramps i would ask your doctor about it. Good luck.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 10:38 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• *jnsdrf*
    thank you for your answer. my last pregnancy i was nauseated in the evenings, but never threw up, and never had morning sickness. it wasn't until i missed my period that i knew i was, and that is exactly how i feel this time. but this morning, i got up and my cramps are horrible and my back hurts so bad i called my dad crying. si i really dont know. i am hoping the pain subsides some so that i can go to walmart and get another test. becuase also like last time, i took a test about a week and a half before and it was negative than the next test was pos. so i guess we will see. so far no bleeding, and maybe this sounds crazy, but it felt a lil wet down there so i went to the bathroom and its like clear fluid, just a lil bit though, and it isnt pee. which is weird, but i will see how the pain goes and call the dr if needed.
    thanks
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:46 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• bump!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:43 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• My doctor told me that alot of women think their periods are late and a few days or weeks later it shows up and they dont think anything of it, but that they started their period later. But they actually had a miscarriage.
    beingamomrocks1

Answer by beingamomrocks1 at 11:57 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• *BEINGAMOMROCKS*
    thats crazy, i have never heard that before. i guess you learn new stuff everyday.
    thanks
    Anonymous